Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP elevation tags

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
debbie1961
1491 Views, 5 Replies

BOP elevation tags

Does anyone know if they changed the layer that the BOP elevation tags come in on in MEP2013? In previous versions, the tag always came in on a G-Anno-Std-Text layer, but now they are coming in on the current layer. I much prefer my elevations on their own layer, so if there is a setting I need to change to get this back to the way it was, I'd appreciate the info. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to make a new layer and make sure that is current when I place my BOP tags. Bottom of duct is the same....it comes in on the current layer.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: debbie1961

Are you using the tool palette that came with autocad MEP 2013 or did you create your own?  The layer is actually being set by the tool and not by the tag style.  The tag style was created on layer 0 and will therefore go to the current layer whatever that might be.  However, the out of the box tool palette tool sets the layer upon insertion of the tag.  You can mimic this behavior by simply right clicking on the tool on your palette and changing the layer key and/or the layer key override.

HTH.

Message 3 of 6
debbie1961

Keith,

I am using the Bottom of Pipe tag from the Tool Pallete. When I right click on Bottom of Pipe in that tool palette and select properties,the layer key calls out G-DS-ANNO-STD-TEXT-LABL. The layer key override  is blank, which tells me that it should be using the default layer stated in the layer key. But, it's not. It's using the current layer. I have not modified anything on the tool palettes. Any idea why it's still putting it on the current layer?

Message 4 of 6
Keith.Brown

Are you using a Autocad MEP template and not a standard Autocad Template?  Or to be more direct, are the layer keys present in your current template?  That is the only thing that I can think of that would cause it to go on the current layer.  I will see if i can find anything else and get back to you.  Maybe someone else will chime in that has possibly seen this before.

Message 5 of 6
debbie1961

Hey Keith,

I am not doing anything different in 2013 than I did in MEP2012. The template I use started as a 2012MEP template that I modified (added pipe systems to), renamed and saved. Perhaps I can try opening a 2013 MEP template, add my piping systems and save that as my new template. I'll let you know if that works.

Message 6 of 6
debbie1961

I just opened the 2013 AecbModel(Us Imperial ctb) template and without making any modifications, I drew a pipe and selected Bottom of Pipe from the tool palette,  but again, the BOP elevation is going onto the current layer, despite the properties on the palette itself saying it'll be on the GS-DS-Anno-std-text-labl layer.

Guess I will just create my own elevation layer, and make sure I am on that when tagging elevations. Not that big of a deal as long as I remember to make that layer current when tagging elevations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost