Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocrat-MEP-2012 Drawing 3D Piping

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
narragansett
1791 Views, 3 Replies

Autocrat-MEP-2012 Drawing 3D Piping

Perhaps I posted this question in the wrong area but I will try again. I am a new MEP user. I am trying to become efficient with mechanical piping in 3D and have a problem with drawing piping vertically in a perspective view. When I first started I was able to do it but may have somehow turned off that capability and don't know how to turn it back on. I have a lot to learn but would appreciate any help on this issue. View the attachment if my description of the problem is not clear.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jcleghorn
in reply to: narragansett

If you select the object, right click and bring up the menu to "edit in elevation" or section, you'll notice the UCS changes to the Y axis that was originally Z. You can draw in the Y axis in those views. Another way, if you're tipping the model from your original Z axis and want to draw in that view, type UCS, view, to put the UCS in the Y axis to draw.

Message 3 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: narragansett

The easiest method that I have found is to use the compass.  When drawing pipe look at your command line, you should see an option for the compass.  Make sure it is activated.  Once activated you can use the plane command (also available on the command line while drawing pipe) to be able to change the current plane that the piping is being drawn on.  This will not change your current ucs but will allow you to draw your pipe in any direction that you chose.  The plane command will switch between the three standard planes.

Additionally, you can set up your compass by running the AecbCompass command on the command line.  It is also available on the Ribbon under the View tab and then the MEP View panel. 

In addition you can also change the slope of your pipe or use the elevation command to run your pipe to a specific elevation.

Hope this information will be of some use to you.

Message 4 of 4
narragansett
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank you. Very helpful and it works great. Herbert H. Pitts Jr. 617-347-1113

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost