Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD object resizing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rocketguy
284 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD object resizing

Our office is in process of transitioning from ACAD 2007 to MEP, so we're trying to figure out the best way to make a graceful transition without impacting productivity too much.
Now that you've finished laughing at our naivety, here's the issue...
I have a “setup” file from ACAD 2007 that I am xref’ing MEP power plans into. When I insert them the blocks change size even thought the scales are all correct. This includes the receptacle and data blocks also magically changing size.

I've been unable to determine the problem - has anybody experienced this before?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jgillespie
in reply to: rocketguy

This is another case of poor communication from Autodesk on a major change. If the problem you are having is what I think it is, and we experienced this too, try the following:
Click on the layout tab of the sheet you want to fix. Click into the viewport that the objects are incorrect. You will see "VP Scale" & "Annotation Scale" appear near the bottom of the work space. These need to be set to the same scale. Then click back to paper space, and this should fix your problem. While viewing this in model space, it should be correct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost