Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD-MEP Randomly Resetting Profiles

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Drafter1981
663 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD-MEP Randomly Resetting Profiles

To All Members of the Discussion Group,

Just wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with AutoCAD-MEP randomly resetting profiles, or changing out the *.CUIX files (the Old  MNU's )?

I recently had a few windows updates and to my surprise, after the updates it seems as if the entire state of the computer was rest, including the AutoCAD.

It seems as if the updates put AutoCAD back to the out of the box  "Default settings" Thankfully I have a back-up of all of my *.CUIX files and after spending a half a day minimum  restoring everything I'm back up and running.

So, I'm just asking... is there a way to prevent these things from happening?

Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jpuck91
in reply to: Drafter1981

We actually just ran into a bunch of that today. There doesn't seem to be a consistent version of the problem particularly but there are several oddities about its behavior. Here's what we've seen it doing:

• At first setup, everything loads up fine, lisp routines (generally) work other than a couple that need to be updated, etc., shortcuts load from the .pgp file.
  • Occasionally AMEP2013 will randomly dump items from the profile such as file search paths/etc. - meaning it loads up without all or most of what we need it to load up with.
  • Other times, the file paths will remain correct, but it doesn't seem to recognize them - i.e. if you go to insert a block from a network directory, and that directory is in the profiles file pathing, you occassionally get a "____.dwg not found" error.

The inconsistency of it all makes it incredibly frustrating, and very difficult to troubleshoot. First I thought it was errors in our lisp routines crashing the acad2013doc.lsp file on initial loading... but I've gone through that top to bottom and every item can be successfully loaded individually. So at the moment I'm not sure what it's doing either.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost