Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP - MvPart disappeared

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rmhmedeiros
1114 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD MEP - MvPart disappeared

Hi everyone!

Well a simple problem had come to me that I just don't know how to solve it...It's getting ridiculous...

So somehow a Round diffuser just disappeared from the "Add Multi-view Parts" but in the content builder and in the catalog it is there! What the hell happened???

Can anybody help me here please! Please find attached 2 jpeg for you to understand what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

Ricardo

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Keith.Brown
in reply to: rmhmedeiros

Since the catalog in question is first in the list I am going to guess that you don't have an identical part in another catalog.  The catalog first in the list will always take precedence over other items.

So i would check to see that inside of part builder in the part options that the part is not set to be hidden.

hidden part.png

Message 3 of 9
rmhmedeiros
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I'm talking about the Round Ceiling Diffuser, that I have in the Catalog but when I try to Add a Multi-View part it's not there! 

Message 4 of 9
Keith.Brown

Did you do what was suggested?  Did you go into content builder and verify that the fitting was not accidently set to hidden?

Message 5 of 9
rmhmedeiros

I have already figured it out! It was the connector was set to undefined!! Finally!!

Message 6 of 9
rmhmedeiros

Thanks anyway mate!! You're the best!!

Message 7 of 9
Keith.Brown

I an not quite sure how having the connector set to undefined would not have it show up in the mvpart add dialog unless you were filtering to a specific connection type.  If it was undefined then it should show up for all connection types.

Message 8 of 9
rmhmedeiros

That tick that you told me about was on. 

I toke it of and saved it, but a message saying that the connector was set to undefined (had to be "duct") appeared.

So I untick that you told me, and put the right definition for the connector, and then everything was perfect again!

Message 9 of 9
Keith.Brown

ok, so that makes a little more sense.  I was not thinking connector type in the sense of duct/pipe/etc.  I was thinking more along the lines of slip and drive, flanged, etc.  If you havent assinged a domain or a shape to the connector then it is an invalid part and will not show up.  If you have the check box selected to hide the part then it will also not show up in the mvpartadd dialog but it will show up in the parametric part wizard if that particular part is included in the parametric part wizard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost