AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

milnej1
Message 1 of 3 (519 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD MEP 2010

519 Views, 2 Replies
10-02-2012 09:21 AM

I am currently in training for using AutoCAD MEP 2010 and am using the textbook Mastering AutoCAD MEP 2010 by Paul Aubin to get a more proficient understanding.

During one of the exercises in the text we are asked to select a Diffuser tool called a 24x24 Inch Square Plaque Face Ceiling Diffuser. Unfortunatey, this is not available in the toolsets my AutoCAD program currently has.

It appears that there should be more default parts rather than just five, and I would prefer not to just design a bunch of custom parts when I am just learning. How do you import tools into AutoCAD MEP 2010?

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 3 (513 Views)

Re: AutoCAD MEP 2010

10-02-2012 10:42 AM in reply to: milnej1

That particular part is available in the imperial out of the box catalog.  It is not really a tool but a mvpart inside of a catalog of mvparts.  If you type mvpartadd at the command line it should bring up an interface to select and insert parts.  Then expand All installed MvParts (US Imperial) -> Mechanical -> Air Terminals -> Diffusers.  Inside of the Diffusers folder you will find the part that you are looking for.

You ask how do you import a tool into autocad mep.  Do you really mean a tool or do you mean how do you import MvParts into Autocad MEP?

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
milnej1
Message 3 of 3 (502 Views)

Re: AutoCAD MEP 2010

10-03-2012 08:22 AM in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks for the reply, I was able to troubleshoot it yesterday and figured it out.

As for the other aspect of the question. Yes, is there a way to import manufacturer designed mvParts with part specific data, or do you generally just have to enter part characteristics on your own?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community