AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Active Contributor
MuirEng
Message 1 of 2 (111 Views)

Assign schedule to device style and not devices?

111 Views, 1 Replies
01-19-2014 10:46 PM

Hi,

I have a library of light fixtures each as a device style. I am trying to build a light fixture schedyle that displays all unique device styles (i.e. unique type sof lights) and associated device properties. I have the schedule assigned to devices-lighting, and it is working pretty well except that it wants to display a row for each device. In other words, there is an entry for each 2x4 LED fixture where I want just one entry covering all of that type of fixture.

Is there a way to associated the schedule to the style and not the device? Or a way to screen out duplicate device styles?

(I checked the properties of the duplicates and all are identical, figured that might be causing repeats...)

Active Contributor
MuirEng
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)

Re: Assign schedule to device style and not devices?

01-19-2014 10:49 PM in reply to: MuirEng
Figured it out. Needed to include a quantity column. I'll leave the post in case it is helpful to anyone.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.