Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Terminal Grille mounted direct on duct side

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
marco.defina
2487 Views, 7 Replies

Air Terminal Grille mounted direct on duct side

Hello,

it's possible to mount an Air Terminal Grille direct on Duct side without a joint?

Example:

1.JPG2.JPG

Attached drawing.

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
VitalyF
in reply to: marco.defina

Hi,

Try to use the command "OBJECTANCHORATTACH" to your mvpart.

See attachment:

MVPartAnchor.avi

Good luck,

Vitaly

Message 3 of 8
marco.defina
in reply to: VitalyF

OK, but so don't take the information of the grille (ex. Flowrate), it's only an anchorage...

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 4 of 8
Keith.Brown

In order to read the flow rate you will need to create a special tap fitting that has a length of .0001.  You will then need to place this special tap fitting and then attach your mvpart to it.  That way you can physically and logically create a connection between the mvpart and the duct.

In general you should do this type of workflow all the time when working with ductwork as the systems want/need to be connected logically especially if you are using the sizing tools.

Message 5 of 8
marco.defina
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Ok, with your indication i tried a possible solution with the standard parts.

I opened the content generator to modify the Aecb_Rectangular_Duct_Takeoff

Cattura3.JPG

I changed the parameter of the lenght, so that i can select a personalized lenght (the same of height and width)

Cattura.JPG

After save i return in my drawing and i can change the lenght from 0 to x

Cattura4.JPG

This is the result

Cattura5.JPG

Message 6 of 8
bpark212

Wow, nice job. I've always struggled represting this as well. Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
harryliu3140
in reply to: bpark212

Curved grille attach to a round duct work is not possible. the length of the fitting can't be negative.

Message 8 of 8
harryliu3140
in reply to: harryliu3140

This is what I mean.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost