Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD 2012 MEP Take-offs from Standard Square duct ?!?!?!?!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
394 Views, 1 Reply

ACAD 2012 MEP Take-offs from Standard Square duct ?!?!?!?!

I guees I am noob because I cannot seam to do the easy stuff in the new autocad. 

I need to be able to take a round take-off from a standard square duct but the stupid thing will not let me is there a way to to make it do that.  As an HVAC design engineer I need to be able to all differant type of take-offs.  And I am about ready to rip 2012 out of my machine and go back to 2009 where at least the thing worked and did what I told it instead of trying to think for me.  It now takes me twice as long to draw a simple duct work system as before. 

If there is a tutorial video or some training I would be open to that, But right now I cannot do my JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use the 2d and the 3d version of autocad MEP Proffessional 2012 I drawing in 2d but check the 3d alot to make sure it is missing everything within the structure that I need to miss.  So I use it all.  

The only thing I see on the ribbon is duct and duct fitting.  Neither of which allows me to pull off a bellmouth or a drop heel take-off directly from the ductwork as I could in 2009.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i moved this post to this forum  for the orignal post please refer to:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2012/AUTOCAD-2012/m-p/3259460/highlight/false

I tried to include all the answers and questions I recieved in the other forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost