Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d to 2d

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
970 Views, 2 Replies

3d to 2d

I would like to convert my 3d model in autocad mep 2012 to a 2d drawing and retain my layers and pipe, and have it flat lines in model space. Flatten takes forever and continually crashes...any ideas???? i have to do this mulitiple times with huge files full of mep content and 3d solids.....I tried flatshot.......help please!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

From plan view, try export to ACAD 2013 or 2010. MEP draws devices as just that, devices, so you can't have solid line work on a conversion from 3D to 2D, but you will be able to retain layers and dumb line work. Not sure that's what you're looking to do. Export is very fast. The background is saved as a block, which you can delete if needed.

Message 3 of 3
pothied
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, Export to AutoCAD is the way to go. This command will create 2D vanilla AutoCAD objects such as lines, arcs, etc if you run it from a plan view and 3D AutoCAD objects like solids if you run it from a 3D view. The command is available from the Applications menu (Big A) -> Export -> AutoCAD -> AutoCAD 2010 (or other format). By default it creates a file with the same name but a ACAD- prefix on it. The new drawing should look just like the AutoCAD MEP drawing but using native AutoCAD 2D entities.

David Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost