AutoCAD Land Desktop

Distinguished Contributor
mscacco
Message 1 of 5 (112 Views)

eNotThatKindofClass

112 Views, 4 Replies
07-08-2004 11:57 AM
Hi all,

I created a drawing in LDT2004 worked on it for a while, saved it and then went to edit it later and get:

Internal Error: !dblayoti.cpp@97: eNotThatKindofClass and then shuts down LDT.

the drawing was created on a computer with LDT2004 (w/SP2) and ADT3.3

I understand the "eNotThatKindofClass" error occurs when trying to open a LDT2004 dwg with a previous version of LDT, but I've never encountered it in this situation.

I tried the following (none of which was successful)

-Recover the dwg
-Insert dwg into new blank drawing (crashed LDT)
-Tried to xref dwg to a new blank drawing - nothing happens
-Open in VoloView Express- tells me its an unrecognized format

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
*wfb
Message 2 of 5 (112 Views)

Re: eNotThatKindofClass

07-08-2004 12:05 PM in reply to: mscacco
Use Map and query in your entities in a new empty drawing. wfb "mscacco" wrote in message news:7192622.1089313072117.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... | Hi all, | | I created a drawing in LDT2004 worked on it for a while, saved it and then went to edit it later and get: | | Internal Error: !dblayoti.cpp@97: eNotThatKindofClass and then shuts down LDT. | | the drawing was created on a computer with LDT2004 (w/SP2) and ADT3.3 | | I understand the "eNotThatKindofClass" error occurs when trying to open a LDT2004 dwg with a previous version of LDT, but I've never encountered it in this situation. | | I tried the following (none of which was successful) | | -Recover the dwg | -Insert dwg into new blank drawing (crashed LDT) | -Tried to xref dwg to a new blank drawing - nothing happens | -Open in VoloView Express- tells me its an unrecognized format | | Any help is appreciated. | | Thanks, | Mark
Distinguished Contributor
mscacco
Message 3 of 5 (112 Views)

07-08-2004 12:17 PM in reply to: mscacco
thanks for the suggestion, but the drawing crashes when trying to attach it.

BTW, this has happened to 3 different drawing and i've tried to open it on two different computers.
*wfb
Message 4 of 5 (112 Views)

07-09-2004 09:54 AM in reply to: mscacco
It has been a while since I did the query bit, but I do not remember attaching anything. "mscacco" wrote in message news:18809742.1089314282662.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... | thanks for the suggestion, but the drawing crashes when trying to attach it. | | BTW, this has happened to 3 different drawing and i've tried to open it on two different computers.
*Scacco Consulting
Message 5 of 5 (112 Views)

07-27-2004 10:25 AM in reply to: mscacco
yes, you need to attach a drawing in order to query items. Thanks for the suggestions. -- Mark Scacco Scacco Consulting, Inc. "wfb" wrote in message news:40eecdf6_1@newsprd01... > It has been a while since I did the query bit, but I do not remember > attaching anything. > > > "mscacco" wrote in message > news:18809742.1089314282662.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > | thanks for the suggestion, but the drawing crashes when trying to attach > it. > | > | BTW, this has happened to 3 different drawing and i've tried to open it on > two different computers. > >
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.