Did you mean: 

eNotThatKindofClass

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mscacco
231 Views, 4 Replies

eNotThatKindofClass

Hi all,

I created a drawing in LDT2004 worked on it for a while, saved it and then went to edit it later and get:

Internal Error: !dblayoti.cpp@97: eNotThatKindofClass and then shuts down LDT.

the drawing was created on a computer with LDT2004 (w/SP2) and ADT3.3

I understand the "eNotThatKindofClass" error occurs when trying to open a LDT2004 dwg with a previous version of LDT, but I've never encountered it in this situation.

I tried the following (none of which was successful)

-Recover the dwg
-Insert dwg into new blank drawing (crashed LDT)
-Tried to xref dwg to a new blank drawing - nothing happens
-Open in VoloView Express- tells me its an unrecognized format

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mscacco

Use Map and query in your entities in a new empty drawing. wfb "mscacco" wrote in message news:7192622.1089313072117.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... | Hi all, | | I created a drawing in LDT2004 worked on it for a while, saved it and then went to edit it later and get: | | Internal Error: !dblayoti.cpp@97: eNotThatKindofClass and then shuts down LDT. | | the drawing was created on a computer with LDT2004 (w/SP2) and ADT3.3 | | I understand the "eNotThatKindofClass" error occurs when trying to open a LDT2004 dwg with a previous version of LDT, but I've never encountered it in this situation. | | I tried the following (none of which was successful) | | -Recover the dwg | -Insert dwg into new blank drawing (crashed LDT) | -Tried to xref dwg to a new blank drawing - nothing happens | -Open in VoloView Express- tells me its an unrecognized format | | Any help is appreciated. | | Thanks, | Mark
Message 3 of 5
mscacco

thanks for the suggestion, but the drawing crashes when trying to attach it.

BTW, this has happened to 3 different drawing and i've tried to open it on two different computers.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

It has been a while since I did the query bit, but I do not remember attaching anything. "mscacco" wrote in message news:18809742.1089314282662.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... | thanks for the suggestion, but the drawing crashes when trying to attach it. | | BTW, this has happened to 3 different drawing and i've tried to open it on two different computers.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

yes, you need to attach a drawing in order to query items. Thanks for the suggestions. -- Mark Scacco Scacco Consulting, Inc. "wfb" wrote in message news:40eecdf6_1@newsprd01... > It has been a while since I did the query bit, but I do not remember > attaching anything. > > > "mscacco" wrote in message > news:18809742.1089314282662.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > | thanks for the suggestion, but the drawing crashes when trying to attach > it. > | > | BTW, this has happened to 3 different drawing and i've tried to open it on > two different computers. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report