Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil pipes & VBA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kcimos
209 Views, 3 Replies

civil pipes & VBA

is there a way to access pipe run names w/ VBA w/o messing around in the pipes database?
if not, any tips on accessing the pipes database?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: kcimos

Hi, I've had a quick look at the Object Model in R2004 and saw no sign of any APIs to work with the drainage components of the software. - Probably just as well, the APIs in the Points and Alignments database are unbelievably slow. Since the pipes database is an Access database it is quite easy to read/write to it with either ADO or DAO as suits your programming skills. You would need to self document the methods of storing data quite closely if you wanted to write a pipe to the database, or add pits. However, its not that difficult read data and if you only wanted run names you could use an SQL query with UNIQUE. It is also very easy to add extra fields to the existing tables, or add new tables and populate them with any data that suits your needs. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "kcimos" wrote in message news:7401100.1102384889179.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > is there a way to access pipe run names w/ VBA w/o messing around in the pipes database? > if not, any tips on accessing the pipes database?
Message 3 of 4
Oberer

Interesting about the db. I was told in another thread that since acad is still using some ancient version (95?) for the db, that opening the db would corrupt.

this problem is avoided if the db is only opened thru dao or ado?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi, I've done it for years with DAO via v3.5 and v3.6 -- Regards, Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "Oberer" wrote in message news:1193004.1103059054824.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Interesting about the db. I was told in another thread that since acad is > still using some ancient version (95?) for the db, that opening the db > would corrupt. > > this problem is avoided if the db is only opened thru dao or ado?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report