Did you mean: 

Vertical Alignment Editor in LDC 2009, Windows 7 64 bit

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
narusha
4848 Views, 9 Replies

Vertical Alignment Editor in LDC 2009, Windows 7 64 bit

I am using Land Desktop Companion 2009 in Windows 7.  When I go to Edit Vertical Alignment from Profile pull down menu, it shows "Windows Explorer has stopped working" message. Although the Vertical Alignment Editor opens I cannot prepare "Reports" from the editor. I tried uninstalling Windows Explorer 9 and using Windows Explorer 8, but still does not work. Somebody please help.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
W33ZL3
in reply to: narusha

I am having the same issue in LDC2009 Win7 64bit but the Vertical Alignment Editor does NOT open. Anyone have any idea of this problem?

Thanks in advance -Wes

Message 3 of 10
viamontes

I have some problem like you has but I have W7 32 bit and I can run vertical editor my problem is when I trying to run report the software is shut down and I have this error message  “unhandled  e06d7363h exception at 75a2d36fh” I send the report  to Autodesk for 5 time but I do not receive any answer yet

Message 4 of 10
BevLynn

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

Message 5 of 10
Jeff_M
in reply to: BevLynn

@BevLynn wrote:

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

Sort of.... we dumped LDD for C3D. C3D has issues of it's own, but at least it is being worked on. Whereas LDD is dead as far as any development or bug fixes go.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 10
BevLynn
in reply to: Jeff_M

That's not a REAL solution for me because all of my clients still use LDC.

Anyone else??? I checked the paths and VCEdit Reports is where it should be. When I click reports, I get a Fatal Error and LDC closes abruptly.

Message 7 of 10
Jeff_M
in reply to: BevLynn

If you have a version of Win7 which provides Windows VirtualPC XPMode, you can install LDD9 into that WinXP environment and it should work fine. Not very ideal, but could keep you plugging along.

Note that I have no solution for inside of Win7, as I see the same issue you've reported. There is some kind of conflict, but as I said, Autodesk will not be releasing any more bug fixes so I'm not sure what else can be done.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 10
egoetz3

Excuse my lack of the proper teminology, but here was my work-around for the issue.  As you know, when creating a report, the program sets up a htm page that pops up for you to interact with for your reports task.  When the program crashes, it is apparently at the point the htm page would pop up to address your report task.  That in mind, the htm page is set up and ready to go, it just didn't pop up for you.  You can search and find the "LandReportsVCEdit.htm" file and place a shortcut on your desktop so you don't have to find it each time you need it in the future.  I am a stand-alone installation on a laptop, so for me it was in the "temp" folder of my "C" drive.  The next time you want the reports function, at the point the htm page would pop up, and I assume your program or that particular stage of the operation crashes, you can simply go to your desktop and select the newly created shortcut.  This procedure has worked well for me, and I hope it addresses your needs as well. 

Edward Goetz - Surveyor

Message 9 of 10
narusha

Thank you so much for your recommendation. When I press the "Report" button in the Vertical Alignment Editor, LDD crashes with the "fatal error" message. However, when I open the file in my "temp" folder as you suggested, I could generate the report. Thank you!!

Message 10 of 10
egoetz3

You’re more than welcome Narusha; I am happy to have been able to help.  I sincerely hope I have the same luck finding resolutions to potential issues as they arrise when I fully switch over to Civil 3D.  Have a good day.

Edward J Goetz III

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report