Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text within Linetypes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rob.merkel
835 Views, 4 Replies

Text within Linetypes

We have linetypes that have text within them for telephone, fiber optic, sewer, etc.  We have been using the same linetypes for the past 5 years and never had an issue.  While working with the latest drawing, my text within the linetype is on top of the line and doesn't fit within the space that we have left for it.  I looked in a couple of other drawings and everything is ok.  I have checked between the two drawings and all of the ltscales, text size and style are the same.  Even the line scale is the same.  I tried reloading the same style I am using in the current drawing into the old project drawings and the old ones are still fine.  I assume it is just a setting that got changed but I couldn't find it in the help menu.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I already spent way to much time on this.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
omc-usnr
in reply to: rob.merkel

My guess is that it has something to do with annotation scale.  Is it showing up in a layout tab, or in model space?  Another thing might be that the text style accidentally got asssigned a size instead of 0.

Reid

Message 3 of 5
rob.merkel
in reply to: omc-usnr

It is showing up in model space but it the layout tab it is showing up as a line with no text.  How do you change the setting back to zero that you talk about.

Message 4 of 5
omc-usnr
in reply to: rob.merkel

Use the acad "style" command.  the text height should be 0 for scaling to be in effect.

In the layout tab, try playing with psltscale, and / or the active viewport's scale.

Reid

Message 5 of 5
rreid
in reply to: omc-usnr

try setting the following variables....

MSLTSCALE = 1

PSLTSCALE = 1

HTH

Richard W. Reid, Jr. PLS

AutoCAD - Civil 3D - Map 3D - ESRI - Google
AutoCAD Civil 3D Implementation Expert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report