Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Annotations

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
randycampbell
941 Views, 3 Replies

Setting Annotations

I am having an issue with setting up annotations standards for all drawings.  I have went into the Autocad 2013 Civil 3D Imperial NCS.dwt file and made all the necessary changes to create a standard text and layer for all annontated dimensions.  If I open a brand new clean drawing everything works just fine, however if I open one of our existing drawings created using Autodesk 2004 it will not use any of my annontation settings but will replace them with the settings from 2004.  Any help concerning this matter would be greatly appreciated.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: randycampbell

Confused here.  You changed settings in Civil3d 2013 but you're expecting them to show up in an existing drawing that you open in Land Desktop?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
randycampbell
in reply to: sboon

Yes we are in the process of updating all of our existing drawings created using autodesk 2004 format to Autocad 2013 civil 3d.  I was hoping that by changing the annotation standard in the dwt file.  However anything I bring in from the former drawing over runs the new annotation standard.  The only remedy I have found so far is to open a fresh drawing and bring in our old drawing as a block and explode and save as 2013 format.  However if i have to write block anything out of that drawing to work on it alone it reverts to 2004 standards again.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 4 of 4
sboon
in reply to: randycampbell

With Civil3d any changes you make to settings apply only to that drawing.  Changing your template will affect new drawings but has no impact on existing files. 

If you wblock something from an old drawing then it will use the settings from that file, which in this case means nothing since the old files don't have any Civil3d settings to begin with.  Try starting from your template, inserting the old drawing, erasing everything you don't want and then saving the remainder as your block.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report