Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road Template Design for grading

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
randall
378 Views, 5 Replies

Road Template Design for grading

I use civil LDDT version 2002, I am not successful at grading proposed road accurately using road templates. I do make perfect proposed cross-sections with the template, but i can not contour the road properly with or with out curbing. can someone please help me. I have sampled the road anywhere from 1 to 50 feet, i thought maybe this was a problem. I am open for any suggestions. randy
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: randall

Hi Randall, 1. how are you generating the surface? 2. when you define your template, to you define the "Top surface" datum? 3. how exactly are they wrong? for now Joe "randall" wrote in message news:23619801.1086704602092.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I use civil LDDT version 2002, I am not successful at grading proposed road accurately using road templates. I do make perfect proposed cross-sections with the template, but i can not contour the road properly with or with out curbing. can someone please help me. I have sampled the road anywhere from 1 to 50 feet, i thought maybe this was a problem. I am open for any suggestions. randy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Randall, One other suggestion. Sample at small intervals around curves so that the chords in built model more closely represent the arcs. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Joe bouza" wrote in message news:40c5fb93$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Randall, > 1. how are you generating the surface? > 2. when you define your template, to you define the "Top surface" datum? > 3. how exactly are they wrong? > > for now > > Joe > "randall" wrote in message > news:23619801.1086704602092.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I use civil LDDT version 2002, I am not successful at grading proposed > road accurately using road templates. I do make perfect proposed > cross-sections with the template, but i can not contour the road properly > with or with out curbing. can someone please help me. I have sampled the > road anywhere from 1 to 50 feet, i thought maybe this was a problem. I am > open for any suggestions. randy > >
Message 4 of 6
randall

joe,
i was sampling the cross-sections at every foot then , then producing points on the cross-sections. then i made the surface from those points. the exact problem is after i generate the surface ( i can't get the software to generate exact grading showing the 7" curb and sidewalks....
randy
Message 5 of 6
randall

laurie,
hi, i sampled the roadway at 1 foot intervals.. read my reply i sent to joe.....
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Don't create points - create a grid of 3d faces and add them to your surface (POINT FILES >> AUTOCAD OBJECTS >> 3D FACES). This will usually give you nice clean curbs. Make sure the front face of your curb is not vertical. If you had LDT4, you can create a surface directly from the process sections. -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator randall wrote: > joe, > i was sampling the cross-sections at every foot then , then producing points on the cross-sections. then i made the surface from those points. the exact problem is after i generate the surface ( i can't get the software to generate exact grading showing the 7" curb and sidewalks.... > randy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report