Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point is out of bounds- creating points from surface

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lsitnj
503 Views, 4 Replies

Point is out of bounds- creating points from surface

I try to build surface from low /high points and proposed contours so our field crew can load xml file into their dc. I added contours and point group to the surface, built it but it does not display any statistic for the surface (no min max elev nor min max coordinates), and when I go to create points from surface-random point, it says point is out of bounds (the surface is set to current).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: lsitnj

Sounds like you have a bad surface.  Fix your surface and everything should be okay after that.  If that doesn't work then look into the data you are inputing for your surface, there may be something wrong with them.

Curious, these low/high points, Are they surveyed topo points or design points?  Just wondering cause you state "low/high points and proposed contours".  If you built your proposed (design) surface, then why not xml that information.

Message 3 of 5
lsitnj
in reply to: Anonymous

I know I have a bad surface, but how do I go about fixing it? I created cogo on HI/LP myself based on elev that design file shows and contours (that are polylines-see that in  properties, and have assigned elevation- when I hover over the grips,  ) 

Message 4 of 5
lsitnj

ok, somehow I managed to create surface and now I can randomly pick and create n,e,el. I know that I have to check for 0 elevation contours if they exist on my surface and assign proper elevations, what else do I need to look for?

In some places elevations don't match by 0.05' in some right on the money. I need to include storm and sewer structures when building surface. What else would you guys suggest?

I will greatly appreciate any suggestions. 

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

No disrespect intended.  I realize you may be new to civil design and are trying to learn.  I suggest you go thru the tutorials or try to find a book to learn how to do some of these things.  There is a deceit book out there by Phillip J.Zimmerman if you can find it.  Try amazon.com.

You do not need to include sewer and storm structures in our surface.  Your explanations don't come across too clearly.  You state you try to build surface from proposed (design) contours, then you state you have to check for 0 elevation contours if they exist on my surface and assign proper elevations.  How did you create these contours?  Did you create these by hand?  Since you state you have to assign proper elevations.  Do you know the difference from proposed (design) contours and existing contours?  Sorry I couldn't help you on this but we have to understand what you are trying to do to be able to help you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report