Did you mean: 

Point in Drawing become selected

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
wllms59!
2617 Views, 8 Replies

Point in Drawing become selected

I have searched and searched and cannot find anything regarding my problem, so here's my question:

I'm working in model space and I have all my points turned on in the drawing.  When I select a line or anything, and place it on a different layer, all the points in the drawing become selected at the end of the command.  I have to hit regen to un-select them.  Could anyone please tell me what is causing this.  I'm afraid they are going to be placed on another layer as well.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bcollins
in reply to: wllms59!

I'm not sure what is causing the problem or how to fix it, but my normal list of fixes when something screwy like that happens is to restart my computer, then audit and purge the drawing.  If that doesn't help then I'll try to recover it.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I would also try to remove the points from the drawing and then insert them again (possibly on a different layer).

Is it just one drawing that you're having the problem with or is it every drawing on your machine?  What if you open the problem drawing on a different machine?

At any rate, I would think that if you locked the layer that the points are on then you wouldn't have to worry about them being moved to another layer.

Sorry I couldn't offer any specific advice that is going to be a sure-fire fix.

Message 3 of 9
wllms59!
in reply to: bcollins

Thank you for your quick response.

I will try locking the layers or even removing them from the drawing as you, and just re-importing them as needed.  I believe that it has only done this in this one drawing.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 9
bobhakes

I don't see where this was SOLVED.  I'm having the same problem... with ALL my drawings, and it's not just when I change a LAYER, it happens if you change any property... I FROZE and LOCKED the Points layer but it still selects the points, ie they show up as selected in the Properties Toolbar!!!  please help

Message 5 of 9
wllms59!

It still happens to me too in all of my drawings.  I just try to keep an eye on the points and hit regen a lot.  It's all I know to do at this point.  Glad someone else is having this same problem.  Was beginning to think I was nuts!   🙂

Message 6 of 9
bobhakes

I found this... it seems to be working... keeping my fingers crossed! 🙂

Re: PREVIOUS is selecting aeec_points
I did post the answer to this, probably under another thread. From memory, I think you need to uncheck the "Always Regenerate point
display after zoom" box in the Preferences tab in the Point Settings Dialog.

in other words:

go to the Points pull-down menu

open the Points Settings dialog box 

go to the Preferences tab

uncheck "Always Regenerate point display after zoom"

it hasn't done it since!

Message 7 of 9
wllms59!

That seems to be working for me too!  Thank you so much for finding this!!!   🙂   🙂

Message 8 of 9
ldiiwahabi

I don't see where this was SOLVED.  I'm having the same problem... with ALL my drawings, and it's not just when I change a LAYER, it happens if you change any property... I FROZE and LOCKED the Points layer but it still selects the points, ie they show up as selected in the Properties Toolbar!!!  please help

Message 9 of 9
wllms59!

What was written 2 posts up has solved this problem for me.  Give this a try.....

go to the Points pull-down menu

open the Points Settings dialog box 

go to the Preferences tab

uncheck "Always Regenerate point display after zoom"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report