Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Symbols are not inserting and layer matching not working

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tjf1980
1490 Views, 3 Replies

Point Symbols are not inserting and layer matching not working

Did a fresh install of LDT 2006 on a machine with SP1 and the hotfixes, etc. No symbols come in and points stay on current layer when I import points. Desc. key looks good and is the same one I created years ago. All setting appear to be the same as all of my other computers. Never had this problem before...

I have all the setting correct that I can think of:

1) Desc. key manager loads my desc key file

2) Points settings has the correct symbol path set and use current point style checked. Desc key matching checked also

3) Point style set and boxes checked for insert, match, substitute and correct key is selected.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bchwyscampbell
in reply to: tjf1980

TodayI had the same issure for LDD 2009 installation.

Check Projedts\User Preferences File Locations for Label Styles. We keep our LDD\Data directory on our network. When I installed LDD 2009 recently, the "Data" directly installed to my local drive. The fastest fix was to copy the Data Directory form the network to my local drive rather than changing all of the user preferences. That did the trick for me.

Marty

Message 3 of 4
tjf1980
in reply to: bchwyscampbell

I have the same type of setup here. I try to keep all the support files on our server so everyone is using the same files.

That checks ok, my path is set correctly in that menu. I have had so many problems on this machine that is running Windows 7 64bit.

Message 4 of 4
bchwyscampbell
in reply to: tjf1980

The only other thing I can think of is to check Labels\Settign -  Point Labels tab for the correct label style. and also check  the Labels\Edit Label Styles - Point Label Styles tab to verify descrition key settings.

Marty

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report