Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
lguijarro
216 Views, 3 Replies

PLotting Help

Autodesk Land Desk Top 2005, Civil 2005, Survey 2005, Raster 2005
when I am In paper sapce, I make a view, called plotps, for plottIng, open plot dialogue box, select paper size, ctb, ect., In the plot area (what to plot) open flyout and select VIEW, box appears to the right, open flyout, and I can select what view I want to plot, okay, done deal, now in autocad, if I go to the view pull down menu, select named views, I am able to see all the views I have, If I delete the view I created called plotps and I create a new view called whatever and I go to plot, I no longer have the option to select VIEW In the plot area (what to plot), the only options I have are Extent, Display, Window, no matter how many view I create to plot, I do not have the view option, matter of fact, everything is gone, plot offset, scales ect., only the ctb files and paper sizes are there, the only way I can get the view option and everything else, is to close the drawing and reopen, what gives.... does this happen to anyone else??
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: lguijarro

Lguijarro wrote: > when I am In paper sapce, I make a view, called plotps, for plottIng, > open plot dialogue box, select paper size, ctb, ect., In the plot > area (what to plot) open flyout and select VIEW, box appears to the > right, open flyout, and I can select what view I want to plot, okay, > done deal, now in autocad, if I go to the view pull down menu, select > named views, I am able to see all the views I have, If I delete the > view I created called plotps and I create a new view called whatever > and I go to plot, I no longer have the option to select VIEW In the > plot area (what to plot), the only options I have are Extent, > Display, Window, no matter how many view I create to plot, Same here. Looks like a bug. See: http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4090969 -and- http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4153571
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hey Lguijarro; So maybe you Rename the View (Junk#) instead of Deleting it until a fix is found? The following old joke has direct application to this (and many other) situations: Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this. Doctor: Stop doing that. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Lguijarro" wrote in message news:20118318.1100701697315.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... Autodesk Land Desk Top 2005, Civil 2005, Survey 2005, Raster 2005 when I am In paper sapce, I make a view, called plotps, for plottIng, open plot dialogue box, select paper size, ctb, ect., In the plot area (what to plot) open flyout and select VIEW, box appears to the right, open flyout, and I can select what view I want to plot, okay, done deal, now in autocad, if I go to the view pull down menu, select named views, I am able to see all the views I have, If I delete the view I created called plotps and I create a new view called whatever and I go to plot, I no longer have the option to select VIEW In the plot area (what to plot), the only options I have are Extent, Display, Window, no matter how many view I create to plot, I do not have the view option, matter of fact, everything is gone, plot offset, scales ect., only the ctb files and paper sizes are there, the only way I can get the view option and everything else, is to close the drawing and reopen, what gives.... does this happen to anyone else??
Message 4 of 4
lguijarro

I am just glad that I am not the only one this is happening to. I am not in the habit of deleting views, I just ran into a drawing that had a ton of useless views, deleted them all and got screwed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report