Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object station/offset output to table

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
RichColson
1500 Views, 11 Replies

Object station/offset output to table

Is there any way I can quickly create a table of information on a number of objects that includes the Station/Offset of beginning and end points as well as the length of said object?

Does anyone know of a LISP routine or a command I'm not familiar with? This seems like an obvious command that LDDT should perform, but I cannot find it.

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: RichColson

Hi First step: Select the objects of interest, then right mouse click and Select "Add Tag Label" Then from the Labels Menu select to "Add a line table" Customise the table appearance to include the data you need in the order you need etc. Save the table definition for future re-use. The is a simlar feature available for arcs and for spirals. Read the help files for anything of which you are unsure. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Blessed3x" wrote in message news:29613983.1100106703593.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Is there any way I can quickly create a table of information on a number of objects that includes the Station/Offset of beginning and end points as well as the length of said object? > > Does anyone know of a LISP routine or a command I'm not familiar with? This seems like an obvious command that LDDT should perform, but I cannot find it. > > Thanks.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Hi, Whoops ! I never read your query completely. You are looking for Station and Offset from an alignment. In this case you will need to provide for the user to nominate which alignment (current possibly) and then compute the station offset data for your objects. You will also need to provide that the end of the object may not be opposite the alignment. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:419261e2_1@newsprd01... > Hi > > First step: Select the objects of interest, then right mouse click and > Select "Add Tag Label" > > Then from the Labels Menu select to "Add a line table" > Customise the table appearance to include the data you need in the order you > need etc. > Save the table definition for future re-use. > > The is a simlar feature available for arcs and for spirals. > > Read the help files for anything of which you are unsure. > > -- > > > Laurie Comerford > CADApps > www.cadapps.com.au > > "Blessed3x" wrote in message > news:29613983.1100106703593.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Is there any way I can quickly create a table of information on a number > of objects that includes the Station/Offset of beginning and end points as > well as the length of said object? > > > > Does anyone know of a LISP routine or a command I'm not familiar with? > This seems like an obvious command that LDDT should perform, but I cannot > find it. > > > > Thanks. > >
Message 4 of 12
RichColson

Can you convert Northings/Eastings into Stations/Offsets?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

The alignment has a method to convert Northing/Easting to a Station Offset. Peter Funk API Product Manager Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

If you could post a small sample file in R2000 format with notes showing Exactly what you want, I could see if my routine could be adapted. -- Jeff check out www.cadvault.com "Blessed3x" wrote in message news:9014622.1100119812646.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Can you convert Northings/Eastings into Stations/Offsets?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

There is a routine in Alignment Tools, Station Blocks, that will label the selected blocks and write the results to a csv file. Alignment Tools is part of the Road Tools suite of routine that enhances Civil/Design for Road Designers. Download the FREE 30 day fully functioning evaluation version http://www.rsteltman.com/ "Blessed3x" wrote in message news:29613983.1100106703593.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Is there any way I can quickly create a table of information on a number of objects that includes the Station/Offset of beginning and end points as well as the length of said object? > > Does anyone know of a LISP routine or a command I'm not familiar with? This seems like an obvious command that LDDT should perform, but I cannot find it. > > Thanks.
Message 8 of 12
RichColson

I don't really have anything I could post, but I could tell you exactly what I want done.

I want to be able to automatically create a quantity table for pavement marking quantities on road design sheets. I want each line listed by beginning and ending station/offset and length. I figure tag labels could be used for pmark types. For years we've just chugged along and done it all by hand, but I have a couple of VERY large jobs that I would appreciate a faster method. This seems like something that LDD should do. It could also be used for storm and sanitary sewer, street lighting and any number of other civil applications.

Thanks.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Blessed3x, I know Jeff has a very good station offset point & point group table program he posted in the customer-files a while back. You could insert land points on the polylines/line that create your striping and use this program to create the station offset table by selection in each drawing or in a schedule sheet. For the quanties you might use a selection by layer & object that returns to total distance. Not sure how that will work for your type of drawings. You might creating a print text/csv file with the station, offset & maybe the layer with the layers names right inside of Jeff's program. that could help you calc the amount of sf of paint by layer item. like c-strp-36, c-strp-24. I looked at doing something like this for runway striping. first I used alignment because I could get and label all the lengths & curve data from the alignments. It worked ok but I HAD a ton of alignments. Next I looked at selecting a polyline and getting the station offset of the vertices points and curve data, but I'm still having trouble with curve data from polylines. this is all cut and paste stuff but it might help you get started. I'll look at home for a working sample and e-mail or place in customer-files for you if I can locate. have a great day. John Coon load alignment Public Sub CommandButton2_Click() hide Open "C:\temp\polystaoff.csv" For Output As 1# 'Open file for output Dim STATION As String Dim OFFSET As String Dim ALIGNMENT As String STATION = "STATION" OFFSET = "OFFSET" ALIGNMENT = "ALIGNMENT" Print #1, STATION & "," & OFFSET & "," & ALIGNMENT 'Write right side comma-delimited Dim PLine As AcadLWPolyline Set PLine = getPLine If Not (PLine Is Nothing) Then Dim Points As Variant Points = PLine.Coordinates LabelStations Points Else MsgBox "No polyline was selected.", vbInformation, "Finished" End If End Sub Private Function getPLine() As AcadLWPolyline On Error Resume Next Dim Pick As AcadEntity, PickPt As Variant ThisDrawing.Utility.GetEntity Pick, PickPt, _ vbCrLf & "Select polyline: " If Not (Pick Is Nothing) Then If TypeOf Pick Is AcadLWPolyline Then Set getPLine = Pick End If End Function Private Sub LabelStations(Points As Variant) Dim dbPref As AeccDatabasePreferences Set dbPref = AeccApplication.ActiveDocument.Preferences Dim mtxtLabel As AcadMText Dim dblRot As Double Dim x As Double Dim y As Double Dim InsertionPnt(0 To 2) As Double Dim StationText As String Dim objaligns As AeccAlignments Dim varDataPnt As Variant varDataPnt = InsertionPnt Dim objAlign As AeccAlignment Dim dblSta As Double Dim dblOff As Double Dim dblDir As Double Dim dblEast As Double Dim dblNorth As Double Set objAlign = proj.Alignments.Item(proj.Alignments.currentAlignment) Dim TextColl As AcadTextStyles Set TextColl = ThisDrawing.TextStyles Dim strText As String Dim dblHeight As Double Dim dblWidth As Double Dim blnReturn As Boolean Dim strStaFormat As String Dim strOffFormat As String Dim strSta As String Dim strOff As String Dim StationFormat As String StationFormat = "#0.00" Dim i As Long For i = 0 To (UBound(Points) - 1) Step 2 x = Points(i): y = Points(i + 1) InsertionPnt(0) = x: InsertionPnt(1) = y: InsertionPnt(2) = 0 StationText = Format(CStr(x), StationFormat) & _ "," & Format(CStr(y), StationFormat) dblRot = -ThisDrawing.GetVariable("VIEWTWIST") objAlign.StationOffset InsertionPnt(0), InsertionPnt(1), dblSta, dblOff, dblDir dblHeight = dbPref.DatabaseScale * 0.12 strStaFormat = "#0.00" strOffFormat = "#0.00" strSta = Left(Format(dblSta, strStaFormat), Len(Format(dblSta, strStaFormat)) - 5) _ & "+" & Right(Format(dblSta, strStaFormat), 5) If dblOff > 0 Then strOff = Format(dblOff, strOffFormat) & "' RT" Else strOff = Right(Format(dblOff, strOffFormat), (Len(Format(dblOff, strOffFormat)) - 1)) _ & "' LT" End If strText = "STA: " & (strSta) & "\P" _ & "OFF: " & (strOff) & "\P" _ Dim currLayer As AcadLayer Dim layerObj As AcadLayer Set layerObj = ThisDrawing.Layers.Add("C-GEOM-TEXT") layerObj.Color = acYellow ThisDrawing.ActiveLayer = layerObj Set mtxtLabel = ThisDrawing.ModelSpace.AddMText(InsertionPnt, dblRot, strText) mtxtLabel.Height = dblHeight mtxtLabel.Rotation = dblRot Print #1, strSta & "," & strOff & "," & objAlign.Name 'Write Next i Update MsgBox "Polyline Station Offset Excel file saved to: C:\temp\polystaoff.csv.", vbInformation, "Excel Station Offset File saved" Show End Sub "Blessed3x" wrote in message news:24095320.1100183811013.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I don't really have anything I could post, but I could tell you exactly what I want done. > > I want to be able to automatically create a quantity table for pavement marking quantities on road design sheets. I want each line listed by beginning and ending station/offset and length. I figure tag labels could be used for pmark types. For years we've just chugged along and done it all by hand, but I have a couple of VERY large jobs that I would appreciate a faster method. This seems like something that LDD should do. It could also be used for storm and sanitary sewer, street lighting and any number of other civil applications. > > Thanks.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Would it take that long to create a small drawing showing how you want this to look? It would help me, the one going to spend time on something I may, or may not, use, to NOT waste my time creating something that isn't even close to what YOU want....... How are the lines to be selected? User selection? By User defined Layer? By hard coded layer? Are the items always lines? "I figure tag labels could be used for pmark types"-----You lost me here -- Jeff check out www.cadvault.com "Blessed3x" wrote in message news:24095320.1100183811013.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I don't really have anything I could post, but I could tell you exactly >what I want done. > > I want to be able to automatically create a quantity table for pavement > marking quantities on road design sheets. I want each line listed by > beginning and ending station/offset and length. I figure tag labels could > be used for pmark types. For years we've just chugged along and done it > all by hand, but I have a couple of VERY large jobs that I would > appreciate a faster method. This seems like something that LDD should do. > It could also be used for storm and sanitary sewer, street lighting and > any number of other civil applications. > > Thanks.
Message 11 of 12
Oberer

"Is there any way I can quickly create a table of information on a number of objects that includes the Station/Offset of beginning and end points as well as the length of said object?"

Robert wrote:
There is a routine in Alignment Tools, Station Blocks, that will label theselected blocks and write the results to a csv file

Hey did specifically ask for a TABLE, since i'm assuming he'll want to create some totals.
the CSV isn't going to do much good. why not allow an option to write to a DB instead of forcing a user to import a text file before he can actually use it?

"Is there any way I can quickly create a table of information on a number of objects that includes the Station/Offset of beginning and end points as well as the length of said object?"
Laura's comments about error trapping the beginning and of your ambigous "object" is quite true.
I think the "tough" thing for you is going to creating/maintaing the association between your objects and the alignment.
Some options you have:XDATA, object handles, and few others i'm sure i don't know about.

Are you comfortable writing the info to a DB?
Are you comfortable getting the station/offset?

Which part do you need more help with?
Message 12 of 12
mlouis

A college of mine said....

Don't use a bunch of STA/OFFSET LABELS or POINTS.......use "structures" in a PIPE NETWORK instead.
Did you know that "structures" in a PIPE NETWORK dynamically reference alignments?

Here's the steps:
#1) Create a "new structure style" that's empty
#2) Add a bunch of STRUCTURES all over the place.
#3) Create a DYNAMIC TABLE with Station Offsets and select those structures
#4) Move any structure....and the table will automatically update the station offsets.

Sure, that might be difficult to do......and sure you can XREF and share LABELS or POINTS......but instead of XREF'n......you can SHARE a PIPE NETWORK using a DATA SHORTCUT, and create a separate DYNAMIC TABLE. WOW!

Gotta love technology.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report