AutoCAD Land Desktop

Reply
*Beverly
Message 1 of 13 (106 Views)

New Project Suggestions Desired

106 Views, 12 Replies
10-20-2003 10:16 PM
Description:

I have a large Aerial Photo of a Subdivision. I have 150 close up photos
taken on the Site. I want to create a Photo Key Plan of the Aerial Photo
with a symbol/link for each Site Photo taken. I want to be able to click on
the symbol/link on the aerial photo and immediately (in another window,
which will cover approx. 1/4 of the display area) display the site photo.
After I view the site photo and hit esc or some other key, I want the
ability to resume the previous view of the aerial photo.

Any ideas of how I can achieve this? What software can simplify this
process?
I realize this is beyond the scope of LDT but hopefully I can get pointed in
the right direction.


Beverly S. Carriere
BevLynn Designs
Valued Contributor
jacoppinger
Posts: 61
Registered: ‎12-12-2003
Message 2 of 13 (106 Views)

Re: New Project Suggestions Desired

10-20-2003 10:34 PM in reply to: *Beverly
You can add a Hyperlink to any object in Acad, then select the object, right click and select Hyperlink > Open "FILENAME" from the pop up menu...
*bouza, Joe
Message 3 of 13 (106 Views)

Re: New Project Suggestions Desired

10-20-2003 10:46 PM in reply to: *Beverly
Would'nt a windows OLE do that when you X the image view

Joe
"Beverly" wrote in message
news:AA4348563039951C13AA0561817280DC@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Description:
>
> I have a large Aerial Photo of a Subdivision. I have 150 close up photos
> taken on the Site. I want to create a Photo Key Plan of the Aerial Photo
> with a symbol/link for each Site Photo taken. I want to be able to click
on
> the symbol/link on the aerial photo and immediately (in another window,
> which will cover approx. 1/4 of the display area) display the site photo.
> After I view the site photo and hit esc or some other key, I want the
> ability to resume the previous view of the aerial photo.
>
> Any ideas of how I can achieve this? What software can simplify this
> process?
> I realize this is beyond the scope of LDT but hopefully I can get pointed
in
> the right direction.
>
>
> Beverly S. Carriere
> BevLynn Designs
>
>
*Beverly
Message 4 of 13 (106 Views)

Re:

10-20-2003 11:25 PM in reply to: *Beverly
Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried jacoppinger's idea of adding
Hyperlinks. That works, Kind-Of. I only want to view the photo, not the entire
IE explorer window.

 

I also need to have this work outside of
LDT, from a CD. I have to supply the client with a CD that they can
browse.

 

I am about to try OLE.


--
Beverly S. Carriere
BevLynn Designs


style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
You
can add a Hyperlink to any object in Acad, then select the object, right click
and select Hyperlink > Open "FILENAME" from the pop up
menu...
*Beverly
Message 5 of 13 (106 Views)

Re:

10-20-2003 11:26 PM in reply to: *Beverly
Joe, what do you mean by X the image view? Clip?


Beverly S. Carriere
BevLynn Designs

"Joe bouza" wrote in message
news:F468461287C85660C28909CF76896F1C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Would'nt a windows OLE do that when you X the image view
>
> Joe
*bouza, Joe
Message 6 of 13 (106 Views)

Re:

10-21-2003 12:38 AM in reply to: *Beverly
Hi Beverly, When you click on the OLE the application for viewing the image
will start. X as in top right corner of the window to close it ( you can
govern the position and size of the application window) . But, as I read in
your response to jacoppinger, you do'nt want the window, so, that may take
some custom programing - I think.



"Beverly" wrote in message
news:0261B2FAECCAC58956815B91A2AE2F85@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Joe, what do you mean by X the image view? Clip?
>
>
> Beverly S. Carriere
> BevLynn Designs
>
> "Joe bouza" wrote in message
> news:F468461287C85660C28909CF76896F1C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Would'nt a windows OLE do that when you X the image view
> >
> > Joe
>
>
*Beverly
Message 7 of 13 (106 Views)

Re:

10-21-2003 02:14 AM in reply to: *Beverly
Hi Joe,
I think you may be right about the custom programming. I need to come up
with something pretty soon though. I'm no programmer.


Beverly S. Carriere
BevLynn Designs

"Joe bouza" wrote in message
news:E713FF09F1D724213F9A835CF8CB0451@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Hi Beverly, When you click on the OLE the application for viewing the
image
> will start. X as in top right corner of the window to close it ( you can
> govern the position and size of the application window) . But, as I read
in
> your response to jacoppinger, you do'nt want the window, so, that may take
> some custom programing - I think.
*Reed, Tim
Message 8 of 13 (106 Views)

Re:

10-21-2003 02:19 AM in reply to: *Beverly
I think you can make this work using LDD.

The thing about wanting to put this on a CD though makes me think you need to
look into relative links for your hyperlinks.
If you keep your drawing file and your snapshots files in the same folder
structure, or snapshots in a subfolder, then you can use the
"../photos/imagename_1.jpg" as a path for the hyperlink. That way the relative
structure of the hyperlinks will work regardless of being on the CD or on your
own local C drive.

I did something similar to this for a webpage and used Map to produce the
webpage using the "publish to web" command. If I remember right, the hyperlinks
came through just fine to the webpage. You may want to look into that as well
as maybe all your clients don't have ACAD.

Joe bouza wrote:

> Hi Beverly, When you click on the OLE the application for viewing the image
> will start. X as in top right corner of the window to close it ( you can
> govern the position and size of the application window) . But, as I read in
> your response to jacoppinger, you do'nt want the window, so, that may take
> some custom programing - I think.
>
> "Beverly" wrote in message
> news:0261B2FAECCAC58956815B91A2AE2F85@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Joe, what do you mean by X the image view? Clip?
> >
> >
> > Beverly S. Carriere
> > BevLynn Designs
> >
> > "Joe bouza" wrote in message
> > news:F468461287C85660C28909CF76896F1C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > Would'nt a windows OLE do that when you X the image view
> > >
> > > Joe
> >
> >
*Beverly
Message 9 of 13 (106 Views)

Re:

10-21-2003 02:58 AM in reply to: *Beverly
Hi Tim,
You must be reading my mind!
I have the drawing file and the snapshots located in the same directory. It
would be really nice if Express Viewer supported hyperlinks.

My dilemma is that the aerial photograph us quire large and I was wondering
if the image would lose its quality when zoomed in close enough to read the
photo locations. I will try it and see.

Also, when you did something similar, were you able to control the size of
the hyperlink view? Is it possible to view the snapshots without viewing the
IE Explorer Interface?

--
Beverly S. Carriere
BevLynn Designs

"Tim Reed" wrote in message
news:3F956A90.86C5B028@dot.state.ak.us...
> I think you can make this work using LDD.
>
> The thing about wanting to put this on a CD though makes me think you need
to
> look into relative links for your hyperlinks.
> If you keep your drawing file and your snapshots files in the same folder
> structure, or snapshots in a subfolder, then you can use the
> "../photos/imagename_1.jpg" as a path for the hyperlink. That way the
relative
> structure of the hyperlinks will work regardless of being on the CD or on
your
> own local C drive.
>
> I did something similar to this for a webpage and used Map to produce the
> webpage using the "publish to web" command. If I remember right, the
hyperlinks
> came through just fine to the webpage. You may want to look into that as
well
> as maybe all your clients don't have ACAD.
>
*Reed, Tim
Message 10 of 13 (106 Views)

Re:

10-21-2003 04:01 AM in reply to: *Beverly
Beverly,

It's been a while since I played with this stuff, but if you go the webpage
route I think you can control the compression/file size of the images that are
written out to web file.

As far as controlling the size of the view you'd need to consult a web expert.
I would imagine there is code available that could modify what ACAD writes out
as far as size of new IE windows opened. I don't know if you can control the
interface or what is used to view the hyperlink though. By default it will open
the jpg in an IE window, but you may be able to hard code it to open in a
particular image viewer at a specific size. Don't know, that's a long ways
beyond me...

Beverly wrote:

> Hi Tim,
> You must be reading my mind!
> I have the drawing file and the snapshots located in the same directory. It
> would be really nice if Express Viewer supported hyperlinks.
>
> My dilemma is that the aerial photograph us quire large and I was wondering
> if the image would lose its quality when zoomed in close enough to read the
> photo locations. I will try it and see.
>
> Also, when you did something similar, were you able to control the size of
> the hyperlink view? Is it possible to view the snapshots without viewing the
> IE Explorer Interface?
>
> --
> Beverly S. Carriere
> BevLynn Designs
>
> "Tim Reed" wrote in message
> news:3F956A90.86C5B028@dot.state.ak.us...
> > I think you can make this work using LDD.
> >
> > The thing about wanting to put this on a CD though makes me think you need
> to
> > look into relative links for your hyperlinks.
> > If you keep your drawing file and your snapshots files in the same folder
> > structure, or snapshots in a subfolder, then you can use the
> > "../photos/imagename_1.jpg" as a path for the hyperlink. That way the
> relative
> > structure of the hyperlinks will work regardless of being on the CD or on
> your
> > own local C drive.
> >
> > I did something similar to this for a webpage and used Map to produce the
> > webpage using the "publish to web" command. If I remember right, the
> hyperlinks
> > came through just fine to the webpage. You may want to look into that as
> well
> > as maybe all your clients don't have ACAD.
> >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community