Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N90°00'00"E 0.0000' Dynamic Label

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ssigala
418 Views, 5 Replies

N90°00'00"E 0.0000' Dynamic Label

I'm currently running AutoCad Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2008 SP2. Sometimes when I label a line with a direction & distance (dynamic label) the label reads "N90°00'00"E 0.0000' " when it obviously is not. I can rotate, move, stretch, etc... the line and it continues to label it the same. A couple of minutes later I'll do the same thing & now it labels the line correctly. Has anyone run into this inconsistency before? Any fixes/patches?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sadkuh
in reply to: ssigala

yea, I've ran into the same problem but I'm running Land Desktop 2007 with the Civil Companion and Raster Design, fully updated. I've been running into that issue for a few years now and I'm not sure about a fix other than try it again later.
Message 3 of 6
AllenJessup

A work around for this problem is to select the label command from the dropdown menu rather than the right click menu. You won't ever see it fixed.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
jeff03064

I've noticed that I have this same problem if I try to label lines immediately after I do a save. To "reset" things I go to Points--> Point Settings, then click OK in that dialog box. (other dropdowns may have similar results) After I do that the right-click line label routine seems to work. Once all my lines have been labeled correctly I disassociate them so they won't change. Labels--> Disassociate Labels... "All". Others may disagree with doing this but I've been burned by the Dynamic labels before and I don't trust them.
AutoCAD Map 3D 2012
Message 5 of 6
AllenJessup

Glad to hear of another workaround. I just label with disassociated labels so I don't need to go through the disassociation process

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

i am an other that agrees.

burned once, years ago, and have only used static
since.

--
DougK - An Equal Opportunity
Annoyer
-

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">Others
may disagree with doing this but I've been burned by the Dynamic labels before
and I don't trust them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums