AutoCAD Land Desktop

trotrowrop
Message 1 of 2 (1,070 Views)

Missing Point Descriptions

1070 Views, 1 Replies
02-23-2012 01:34 AM

I am having a problem when I import a .txt point file into my drawing. For whatever reason AutoCAD does not recognize the description and replaces it with what looks like a period. When I list points the description column is blank. This is happening with every drawing I open and every .txt file I try to import. I get the same result with new drawings I create in the same or different project. At first I thought if was an issue with the .txt file. However other people on the network have been able to open the same drawing and import the .txt file with no problem. I have gone over all my setting multiple times and had others take a look. I even had my AutoCAD program re-installed.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 2 (1,067 Views)

Re: Missing Point Descriptions

02-23-2012 06:38 AM in reply to: trotrowrop

Which version of which product and which Service Packs have been installed? Are you selecting the correct Point File Format for the import?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community