AutoCAD Land Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDT2005 install seems to nuke MSVCR70.dll...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
530 Views, 3 Replies

LDT2005 install seems to nuke MSVCR70.dll...

I was suprised to see that LDT 2005 deletes MSVCR70.dll from the system32 folder. It looks like the install put the MSVCR71.dll in there instead - how nice of it to clean out the old one for me :( I copied it back and the problems stopped, but howcome 90% of the 30 installs I did did not have problems with this and three did? Anything obvious I should be checking? You would think all the computers would have errors when a dll was nuked but only some do. It does not seem to depend on if the machine had XP or 2000 Pro as OS... James Maeding jmaeding at hunsaker dot com Civil Engineer/Programmer
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

James; I'm surprised at you! I would have thought by now that you had become accustomed to ACAD's consistent nature. As I have been heard to say, It boggles my mind that this app is still able to function so well, considering its age, and the number of hands that have made their mark on it. It's not the biggest app I have on my machine, but it makes it into the top 20 at 7.7MB. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" "James Maeding" wrote in message news:egu2m0p79o9bt23g3vk9l519pllla1nd1r@4ax.com... >I was suprised to see that LDT 2005 deletes MSVCR70.dll from the system32 >folder. > It looks like the install put the MSVCR71.dll in there instead - how nice > of it to clean out the old one for me :( > I copied it back and the problems stopped, but howcome 90% of the 30 > installs I did did not have problems with this and > three did? > > Anything obvious I should be checking? You would think all the computers > would have errors when a dll was nuked but > only some do. > It does not seem to depend on if the machine had XP or 2000 Pro as OS... > > James Maeding > jmaeding at hunsaker dot com > Civil Engineer/Programmer
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I've run into the same issue. Has anyone heard of a cause or more importantly, a way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,
Mark
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report