Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDT 2004 property window problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
209 Views, 4 Replies

LDT 2004 property window problems

Not to mention the unending pauses w/my Properties window open, I'm having some other odd problems occurring while running LDT 2004 and/or LE Map. For some reason my Properties window will show that something is selected like a 3D polyline, a viewport, or a 2D polyline, when in reality nothing is selected. Other times, my Properties window will be completely blank as if something was selected whose properties cannot be changed. This "ghost" object makes the Properties window completely useless because I can't select any object to modify its properties. I've also seen this affect other LDT commands like listing a breakline, but I'm sure it affects a lot more that require selecting an AEC object. I've tried doing everything short of completely unistalling and installing everything over again. The only thing that works is closing the drawing and reopening, but the same thing happens 30-40 mins. later. Quite frustrating! Anyone ever seen or heard of this? -- Darron K. Agawa Civil Engineer Town of Windsor
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Darron, This type of problem sounds hardware dependent to me. Check your video drivers. Check if there is any possibility of overheating. You may care to review other software you have running to see if any of those could affect your work environment. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Darron Agawa" wrote in message news:4092932d$1_1@newsprd01... > Not to mention the unending pauses w/my Properties window open, I'm having > some other odd problems occurring while running LDT 2004 and/or LE Map. For > some reason my Properties window will show that something is selected like a > 3D polyline, a viewport, or a 2D polyline, when in reality nothing is > selected. Other times, my Properties window will be completely blank as if > something was selected whose properties cannot be changed. > > This "ghost" object makes the Properties window completely useless because I > can't select any object to modify its properties. I've also seen this > affect other LDT commands like listing a breakline, but I'm sure it affects > a lot more that require selecting an AEC object. > > I've tried doing everything short of completely unistalling and installing > everything over again. The only thing that works is closing the drawing and > reopening, but the same thing happens 30-40 mins. later. Quite frustrating! > > Anyone ever seen or heard of this? > > -- > Darron K. Agawa > Civil Engineer > Town of Windsor > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I don't think it's a hardware problem. The latest thing I'm seeing is LDT won't recognize any AEC Objects. Profiles, alignments, contours, points, they all get undefined with respect to LDT. The only way to get things back to normal is to close the drawing out and reopen. Like I said, this happens again 30-45 minutes later. Here is an error I'm getting everytime I close and reopen: ---------------- Closing Autodesk Map project... ERROR: AecObjRel:~AecObjRel(), ePermanentlyErased ERROR: AecObjRel:~AecObjRel(), ePermanentlyErased Opening an AutoCAD 2004 formal file. ----------------- This error also shows up when I open the drawing from a fresh start of LDT. -- Darron K. Agawa Civil Engineer Town of Windsor
Message 4 of 5
ACADuser

I seen the same type of error a couple of weeks ago (the "ePermanentlyErased" part was the same)
At the time I was experimenting with different settings for my video driver. After changing the settings back to the way thery originally were the error message did not reappear.
ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
Message 5 of 5
syingling

What were the video settings that cured the problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report