Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDD Bug - Dimension Style Override

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
taketheblack
595 Views, 7 Replies

LDD Bug - Dimension Style Override

There's been a bug in our AutoCAD and LDD installs since way back in version 2000i that I'm fed up with. Hopefully someone here knows a fix.

We have a standard dimension style in all our templates where the Scale for Dimension Features/Overall Scale is set to 1. What this bug does is after a few commands, a style override pops automatically that changes the Overall Scale to the drawing's horizontal scale, which is 40 in most cases. Basically, if I'm doing station/offset labels or anything else with my dimension styles I have to go to the dimension style manager constantly (meaning every other command) to erase the override to get the Overall Scale back to 1.

Is anyone familiar of a way to fix this bug? I'm constantly getting questions from our drafting staff about why their arrows on dimensions and leaders are not showing up.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
auzzie2776
in reply to: taketheblack

What ive found if the dimscale is different from the project scale, (project -> drawing setup ---> scale tab) then a override is created. So we generally set up our drawing via (project -> drawing setup ---> scale tab, leaving dimscale the same scale) and generally the ltscale is the same scale as your dimscale, so we never have any problems.
Message 3 of 8
taketheblack

Ok, well that gives a pretty good explanation of what's happening. The problem I'm going to continue to have is the ltscale in our plan sheets is set ot 1, and the project scale is set to 1"=40' for the sake of our text styles. If I change the project scale, then I would need to adjust the text style in all of my drawings.

If I ran the world (i.e. set up our CAD templates) I would set all this right, but given the fact that I don't run the world is there any other way around this issue? Basically I think I would like a way to override the override.
Message 4 of 8
auzzie2776

check out the psltscale and msltscale variables, you can control how the paperspace viewports react to the ltscale / linetypes. Either way you should be able to set up your drawing with a paperspace ltscale at 1 (titleblock etc) and viewports and whatever scale and have NO dimension overrides.

cheers
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

sometimes typing AECDWGSETUP, then pick the scale tab and uncheck "automatically create dimscale
override" will prevent the override.

i think that is a per dwg thing, so you would need to do it in each dwg.

wrote in message news:6068020@discussion.autodesk.com...
Ok, well that gives a pretty good explanation of what's happening. The problem I'm going to continue
to have is the ltscale in our plan sheets is set ot 1, and the project scale is set to 1"=40' for
the sake of our text styles. If I change the project scale, then I would need to adjust the text
style in all of my drawings. If I ran the world (i.e. set up our CAD templates) I would set all this
right, but given the fact that I don't run the world is there any other way around this issue?
Basically I think I would like a way to override the override.
Message 6 of 8
taketheblack

That's an excellent way of solving the problem. It is per drawing, so I'll have to work on a way to get this into the startup routine.

Thanks for the help!
Message 7 of 8

OK, I tried the AECDWGSETUP, but every time you invoke an LDD command, and only a LDD command, it automatically invokes the dim overrides...is there anything that will stop this altogether? This is a pain in the butt, having to click on the dim styles dropdown menu and click on the right dim style every time....we have dims scales for all our different drawing scales...Thanks for the help...
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

the aecdwgsetup fix doesn't always work. 
particularly if you change scales often within one dwg.

i usually break my drawings out by scale.  one
drawing for each scale desired, xrefing the common data.

--
DougK - An Equal Opportunity Annoyer
--

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
OK,
I tried the AECDWGSETUP, but every time you invoke an LDD command, and only a
LDD command, it automatically invokes the dim overrides...is there anything
that will stop this altogether? This is a pain in the butt, having to click on
the dim styles dropdown menu and click on the right dim style every time....we
have dims scales for all our different drawing scales...Thanks for the
help...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report