Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a virus or hardware issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
920 Views, 2 Replies

Is this a virus or hardware issue?

I'm going through the 'start here' thread, but thought I'd check in case it's not a virus.

I'll keep it short, as symptoms are making it hard to type.

Windows 7 64 bit home

SYMPTOMS:

1. Loud, continuous intermittent beeping on start up, and I have to F12 into set up to start Windows.

2. Right now, every few letters I type, an alert window pops up to tell me I can't connect to your server at the forums. If I reconnect the net, instead of an alert, the page just refreshes.

3. I had notepad open, and the current time and date just got pasted continuously (by itself - FREAKY!!!!)

4. No matter what page I'm on, the net is being pinged constantly. And if I try to search in google, they show me a page saying they've detected excessive traffic from my computer.

5. Any open programs just go nuts.

6. CPU meter is going nuts - fluctuating rapidly all over the place.

So far does this sound like a particular virus, or a software or hardware problem?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
antoniovinci
in reply to: Anonymous

Before entering Windows, press F8 and choose "Safe mode with networking".

Log in as administrator, run your browser and download this one, finally perform a full scan.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It almost sounds to me as if you have a stuck key on your keyboard.
If you have another keyboard you can try, I would do that first to rule it out.
Otherwise, if that isn't it, then, I'd try booting into safemode [or safe mode with networking...in case you need internet access] and downloading/installing/running malwarebytes.
Also, open task manager, goto processes tab and see what process is taking up so much CPU time and post back what it is, so, we can tell you whether its something legit or malicious.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report