Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
295 Views, 14 Replies

Is there a way?

Is there a way to create LDD points with VBA or LISP? Even better if it can be done in vanilla AutoCAD Bean -- AddonICAD CAD Enhancements for lusers www.bentpen.com
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, Yes - both, as well as numerous other methods. Vanilla AutoCAD - no way as it has no tools to interact with the points database. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Bean Saladhead" wrote in message news:416d9ef8_1@newsprd01... > Is there a way to create LDD points with VBA or LISP? Even better if it can > be done in vanilla AutoCAD > > > Bean > -- > AddonICAD > CAD Enhancements for lusers > www.bentpen.com > >
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

There's a point.add method, but you can't do it without the LDT object model. Deja vu. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

"James Wedding" wrote in message news:416da1d8$1_1@newsprd01... > There's a point.add method, but you can't do it without the LDT object > model. ...or put in a block, with attributes, then have Land read them. (Depends on the situation, of course.........just a thought for the original poster)
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Trust me, he's looking to create AEC_Points without actually having LDT. Even if you make the point itself, it's dumb, and you'd have to have LDT to get the mdb files reconciled with the dwg. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

Oh come on Bean - the answer is in google ;>) Bruce "Bean Saladhead" wrote in message news:416d9ef8_1@newsprd01... > Is there a way to create LDD points with VBA or LISP? Even better if it can > be done in vanilla AutoCAD > > > Bean > -- > AddonICAD > CAD Enhancements for lusers > www.bentpen.com > >
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Bean Saladhead wrote: > Is there a way to create LDD points with VBA or LISP? Yes. > Even better if it can be done in vanilla AutoCAD Yes, as long as the Object Enabler is installed. Of course we are talking about creating AECC_POINT objects in the drawing database only. If you want to update the LDT point database, you would have to write additional code to read/write the MDB directly.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

"James Wedding" wrote in message news:416da399$1_1@newsprd01... > Trust me, he's looking to create AEC_Points without actually having LDT. I can't dispute that. Twas a vague request. > Even if you make the point itself, it's dumb, and you'd have to have LDT to > get the mdb files reconciled with the dwg. RK's post leads me to believe that a bit of ADO may take care of that just fine. (I'm not suggested I'd recommend it, instead of buying LDD, I believe there may be a way.)
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

On 10/13/2004 6:38 PM TomD wrote: > RK's post leads me to believe that a bit of ADO may take care of that just > fine. (I'm not suggested I'd recommend it, instead of buying LDD, I believe > there may be a way.) > As I mentioned, I'm positive about the creation of AECC_POINT objects. Reading/writing the MDB should be able to be done, but I've never done this personally.
Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

"R.K. McSwain" wrote in message news:416dc103$1_3@newsprd01... > On 10/13/2004 6:38 PM TomD wrote: > > RK's post leads me to believe that a bit of ADO may take care of that just > > fine. (I'm not suggested I'd recommend it, instead of buying LDD, I believe > > there may be a way.) > > > > As I mentioned, I'm positive about the creation of AECC_POINT objects. > Reading/writing the MDB should be able to be done, but I've never done > this personally. I'm sure I can handle that part, I wasn't sure of the point part. 😉
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

Yes, via 3rd party programs. "Bean Saladhead" wrote in message news:416d9ef8_1@newsprd01... > Is there a way to create LDD points with VBA or LISP? Even better if it can > be done in vanilla AutoCAD > > > Bean > -- > AddonICAD > CAD Enhancements for lusers > www.bentpen.com > >
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Hi, If Land Desktop Points are required, the best way is to write them directly to the database with either ADO or DAO. You can then allow Land Desktop to manage what you choose to display in the drawing. All you need do is find the appropriate values to put in the MSK field and the STT field. For the STT field I believe 1 is normal and 3 implies the point has been erased. For the MSK field the Tutorial 1 project has all values of 1057, so I guess that would be safe. The other 6 fields are obvious PNO - Point Number - necessary and must be unique NAM - for point name - Leave blank DSC - Description - can be blank NTH - North - Necessary to have any meaning EST - East - Necessary to have any meaning ELV - Elevation - can be blank Creation of Point groups during this process is a breeze. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "TomD" wrote in message news:416dc3e4_1@newsprd01... > "R.K. McSwain" wrote in message > news:416dc103$1_3@newsprd01... > > On 10/13/2004 6:38 PM TomD wrote: > > > RK's post leads me to believe that a bit of ADO may take care of that > just > > > fine. (I'm not suggested I'd recommend it, instead of buying LDD, I > believe > > > there may be a way.) > > > > > > > As I mentioned, I'm positive about the creation of AECC_POINT objects. > > Reading/writing the MDB should be able to be done, but I've never done > > this personally. > > I'm sure I can handle that part, I wasn't sure of the point part. ;) > >
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Hi, Are you sure the Object Enabler allows you to create Point Objects in otherwise vanilla AutoCAD ? I have no way of testing this as I don't have access to a vanilla AutoCAD, but I would expect that it was not possible. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "R.K. McSwain" wrote in message news:416db707$1_1@newsprd01... > Bean Saladhead wrote: > > > Is there a way to create LDD points with VBA or LISP? > > Yes. > > > Even better if it can be done in vanilla AutoCAD > > Yes, as long as the Object Enabler is installed. Of course we are > talking about creating AECC_POINT objects in the drawing database only. > If you want to update the LDT point database, you would have to write > additional code to read/write the MDB directly. >
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

"Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:416ee820_2@newsprd01... > Hi, > > If Land Desktop Points are required, the best way is to write them directly > to the database with either ADO or DAO. You can then allow Land Desktop to > manage what you choose to display in the drawing. > > All you need do is find the appropriate values to put in the MSK field and > the STT field. > For the STT field I believe 1 is normal and 3 implies the point has been > erased. > For the MSK field the Tutorial 1 project has all values of 1057, so I guess > that would be safe. > The other 6 fields are obvious > PNO - Point Number - necessary and must be unique > NAM - for point name - Leave blank > DSC - Description - can be blank > NTH - North - Necessary to have any meaning > EST - East - Necessary to have any meaning > ELV - Elevation - can be blank Thanks, Laurie, for the detailed info.
Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

On 10/14/2004 3:12 PM Laurie Comerford wrote: > Hi, > > Are you sure the Object Enabler allows you to create Point Objects in > otherwise vanilla AutoCAD ? Yes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report