Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error: Cannot Initialize ASI

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RickSullivan8364
1321 Views, 2 Replies

Internal Error: Cannot Initialize ASI

LDD 2007 w/ SP 2A, on a Win XP Pro w/ SP3 workstation. When CAD starts, just as it's finished loading, this error appears "Internal Error: Cannot Initialize ASI". CAD shuts down after the error.

We have many other workstations with the same configuration. They don't have a problem.

I have searched the knowledge base and found the knowledge base solutions to be unhelpful. Many of the articals reference microsoft sites that are no longer available.

Any help would be appreciated. Edited by: ricksullivan8364 on Sep 24, 2008 7:34 AM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ctruax
in reply to: RickSullivan8364

Did you resolve the problem? I have seen the same.
Message 3 of 3

I did resolve the problem but not the way I would have liked.

After some research, it was improper MDAC version information which was updated when SP3 was installed. However, all atempts to either fix MDAC or fix SP3 were unsuccessful. I even tried to uninstall SP3. That also failed because something was corrupt. So I did the next best thing you can do to a windows system. I formated and started over. I reloaded everything except SP3. The system runs fine now.

I know that is like using a shotgun to kill a roach but it worked. I did open a support request with autodesk but I received very little response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report