Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Cross-Sections for Roadway

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
534 Views, 0 Replies

Future Cross-Sections for Roadway

I'm doing around 2500 LF of roadway in LDD 2008.

The vertical grade differs greatly from 1% to 13%.

My constraints are building faces (which I must tie into) and sidewalks (which must have a 2% cross-slope in the proposed condition). This means that in order to maintain the sidewalk cross-slopes and positive drainage away from building faces I have to adjust the road cross-slope accordingly. Meaning that in some sections it's 2% on each side (rare), 1% on one side and 4% on the other, 3% on one side 2% on the other, etc. Further complicated the proposed condition is parallel parking which increased the road-section by 8 feet in some areas-- in some cases the centerline slopes down and then slopes back up to the face of curb and in other cases in slopes all the way down from the centerline to the face of curb depending on the drainage requirement.

I need to produce cross-sections every 25 LF and in critical locations (so at least 100 cross-sections).

I've run cross-sections for the existing conditions from an EG surface.

I have proposed contours (polylines with elevation data drawn in "freehand" from a plotted sketch where the grading was done by hand).

What's the best way to get cross-sections for my proposed condition?

Creating a future surface from my proposed contours and running those cross-sections could take as much time to edit and touch up by hand as just calculating and interpolating each cross-section myself by hand and drawing it into the existing cross-sections.

I can't set up a typical section and run it because as I've said the cross-slopes of the road vary to accommodate the sidewalks and building face tie-ins.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report