Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash on 3d polylines > create by slope

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
370 Views, 10 Replies

Crash on 3d polylines > create by slope

Good Day all. Used this command alot and for the first time I am getting : ; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation) General Exception occurred, caught in acrxEntryPoint() in AecCivilVol.............. any suggestions would be fantastic. thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, Are you using enter to default to the last slope used? There's been quite a bit of discussion on this topic (if that is indeed what you are doing). It's a bug. A work around would be to use the up arrow to re-enter the last thing you typed at the command line rather than hitting enter for the default. Brian "Landman" wrote in message news:407c3817$1_2@newsprd01... > Good Day all. > > Used this command alot and for the first time I am getting : ; error: > Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation) > General Exception occurred, caught in acrxEntryPoint() in > AecCivilVol.............. any suggestions would be fantastic. > > thanks > > >
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks Brian. You nailed it. I have never had that problem before but that was the fix. Appreciate it. "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:407c3f8d$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi, > > Are you using enter to default to the last slope used? There's been quite a > bit of discussion on this topic (if that is indeed what you are doing). > It's a bug. A work around would be to use the up arrow to re-enter the last > thing you typed at the command line rather than hitting enter for the > default. > > Brian > > "Landman" wrote in message > news:407c3817$1_2@newsprd01... > > Good Day all. > > > > Used this command alot and for the first time I am getting : ; error: > > Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation) > > General Exception occurred, caught in acrxEntryPoint() in > > AecCivilVol.............. any suggestions would be fantastic. > > > > thanks > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 11
benlund

Please tell me there is a fix and not just a work around for this problem

Ben Lund
Message 5 of 11
astranks

I'm trying to track down a solution for this problem for a user I work with. His specific error is:

invalid complex object (or:)
; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation)
General Exception occurred, caught in acrxEntryPoint() in AecCivilVol

I tried the above-mentioned solution to no avail. I've searched the web and found one other solution, but it mentioned AecCivilA... or something as such, so not specifically the same problem.

System is P4 3.4, 40GB, 1GB RAM, Win XP Pro SP2.
Land 2005 is the program in question.

I thought it may be SP2, but there's a thread specifically stating that SP2 and Land 2005 etc are compatible so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Email, if necessary, to astranks@klohn.com
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Hey AS; You've probably already discovered that the AutoDesk Knowledge Base doesn't know anything about this... So then I'm going to suggest a Repair from however you deployed 2005 onto the machine to try to fix the problem. Don't forget to Restart the machine after the Repair, just to tie up all the loose ends. HTH -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3/CD3 IntelP4-2.4 1GB RAM Intel 64MB "astranks" wrote in message news:16818119.1112831827194.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm trying to track down a solution for this problem for a user I work with. His specific error is: > > invalid complex object (or:) > ; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation) > General Exception occurred, caught in acrxEntryPoint() in AecCivilVol > > I tried the above-mentioned solution to no avail. I've searched the web and found one other solution, but it mentioned AecCivilA... or something as such, so not specifically the same problem. > > System is P4 3.4, 40GB, 1GB RAM, Win XP Pro SP2. > Land 2005 is the program in question. > > I thought it may be SP2, but there's a thread specifically stating that SP2 and Land 2005 etc are compatible so I'm at a bit of a loss. > > Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. > Email, if necessary, to astranks@klohn.com
Message 7 of 11
astranks

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately the repair has already been attempted and no change came from it.

I checked the computer for any non-standard software (as compared to all our other CAD users) and removed IPod/ITunes software, disabled a few inconsequential startup programs, and still have the same problem.

Any other suggestions or ideas? I'm almost ready to start thinking about reformatting and reinstalling, but not just yet.

Thanks in advance,

-AS
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Is this produced by any DWG file, or just one? Can you open the same files as the user in question, and reproduce the error? -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3/CD3 IntelP4-2.4 1GB RAM Intel 64MB "astranks" wrote in message news:26569746.1112991660407.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately the repair has already been > attempted and no change came from it. > > I checked the computer for any non-standard software (as compared to all > our other CAD users) and removed IPod/ITunes software, disabled a few > inconsequential startup programs, and still have the same problem. > > Any other suggestions or ideas? I'm almost ready to start thinking about > reformatting and reinstalling, but not just yet. > > Thanks in advance, > > -AS
Message 9 of 11
astranks

The error occurs with any DWG file, even test files that have been freshly created.

I can not duplicate the error on other computers running the same software, but can duplicate it on the users computer (under any profile, btw) to no end.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

You don't want to hear this, but if its still an issue I would suggest a
Format of the HD, and re-install everything to wipe the problem out. You've
stated that the issue is isolated to this machine only, so to prevent a
spread to the rest of the office...

I've been through the same "fix" a couple of years ago after exhausting all
other avenues.

But just to check all the bases, I would call your reseller first before
heading down that Format road.

Sorry to have to suggest that.

--
Don Reichle
"King Of Work-Arounds"
LDT3/CD3
IntelP4-2.4
1GB RAM
Intel 64MB

wrote in message news:4811026@discussion.autodesk.com...
> The error occurs with any DWG file, even test files that have been freshly
> created.
>
> I can not duplicate the error on other computers running the same
> software, but can duplicate it on the users computer (under any profile,
> btw) to no end.
Message 11 of 11
astranks

Thanks very much for your help... I have decided to format the machine. Reseller offered no new suggestions, can't find further info on the net.

Thanks again,

-Adam Stranks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report