Did you mean: 

Coordinate Mismatch - LDDT 2009

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rkmin
3263 Views, 2 Replies

Coordinate Mismatch - LDDT 2009

I am having a very weird problem.  The coordinates for my points do not match the location of the marker in model space.  It's sort of hard to explain so here is a picture of my problem.

Picture1.png

#1 - Here is the location of my crosshair as well as my point and tree symbol. 

#2 - Here is the underlying coordinate position for my point that I have inserted and highlighted.  The coordinates shown in #2 for the point (northing/easting) are correct.  That is what we shot out in the field with no projection applied to the coordinate system.

#3 - Here is the disconnect.  #3 shows the coordinates for my cross hairs in model space and they are in the negatives.  Even though my cross hair is over the node of my point which shows the correct coordinates in #2, it's showing a different set of coordinates in #3.

I'm not sure how this happened, I thought it was a coordinate system problem but the datum for the project is set to no datum/no projection.  

When I create a point manually, instead of the point appearing where I clicked on model space, it puts the points way out in timbuktu instead.

I've never ran into this problem before, and this project is based off of another project that we did last year without this issue so I don't know what is causing this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: rkmin

Has a UCS other than World been set current?

Has someone applied a different Base Point / North Rotation for the drawing?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
rkmin
in reply to: Jeff_M

Wow, that was the problem!  The UCS was not set to World as it originally was.  

I can't thank you enough.  You've been a lot of help to me lately!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report