AutoCAD Land Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile error: Can't find project or library ?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Tomdum
3352 Views, 11 Replies

Compile error: Can't find project or library ?

I'm upgrading to LDD Autocad to 2004 and when I try to run a routine that calls a VBA file I get this error. Any one know why and how to fix it?
Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cadtown
in reply to: Tomdum

Did you check the references to the new 2004 object library in the vba routine ? (Tools->references in the VBA editor)

http://www.cadtown.com
Message 3 of 12
Tomdum

Thanks. I'm checking it now.
How do I know which one is the right one?
Should I just check them all?
Message 4 of 12
cadtown

You should have "AutoCAD 2004 Type Library" and
"Autodesk Land 4.0 Type Libraray" for LDD 2004.
Please DO NOT Check them all.

http://www.cadtown.com
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Hi, Each item you check adds to the overhead of your program, so it is desirable to pick the minimum number necessary to run your program. If you use the Object Viewer you can see the items contained in each library and review which libraries are needed and which aren't. In general the Autodesk libraries get changed with each version of AutoCAD, so that programs which run in one version of AutoCAD (and its associated vertical product such as Land, or Mechanical etc. will not run in other versions. Hence, it you try to attach the a DLL from another version of AutoCAD you will get an error message providing some level of guideline to your action. As well as the two libraries shown below there are two other libraries needed for most Land related programs. They go with names along the lines of "AEC...." you will see them in the reference list. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "cadtown" wrote in message news:30570627.1083702172819.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > You should have "AutoCAD 2004 Type Library" and > "Autodesk Land 4.0 Type Libraray" for LDD 2004. > Please DO NOT Check them all. > > http://www.cadtown.com
Message 6 of 12
Tomdum

I'm still having trouble. I tried libraries and it didn't seem to work.
I got this file from this forum. I'm reposing it in the hopes that someone can tell me what's wrong.
It works by having a file called input.txt in the c:/tmp folder and it outputs a file called output.txt. Thanks for the help guys.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Hi Tom, Compare the differences in the 2 bitmaps. The 1.2 library is for Land Desktop R3. Note that this program is also looking for a specific file which must exist for the program to work. I would add some code such as sFile = Dir (in_file) If sFile = "input.txt" then Open in_file For Input As #1 Rest of your working code Else msgbox "File " & in_file & " not found. You must have this file for the program to work", vbCritical End if Regards Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "Tomdum" wrote in message news:32855250.1083803525144.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm still having trouble. I tried libraries and it didn't seem to work. > I got this file from this forum. I'm reposing it in the hopes that someone can tell me what's wrong. > It works by having a file called input.txt in the c:/tmp folder and it outputs a file called output.txt. Thanks for the help guys.
Message 8 of 12
Tomdum

Thank you very much.
Seems to have fixed the problem.
Do I need to do this on every computer I use this on?
Is there an easy way to have this done automaticaly?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Hi Tom, Not only isn't there an easy way, but there is no hard way either. (Subject to some professional C++ programmer who will prove me wrong) The library files are AutoCAD version specific and that's the end of the story, except that if the R2004 files are on a computer then an R2004 version of program will probably run in R2005. I have run one of our R2004 programs on a computer with both versions of Land Desktop installed and it worked. I've just tried the same program on a computer with R2005 only and had to change the library files. -- Regards Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "Tomdum" wrote in message news:11110292.1083813787304.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thank you very much. > Seems to have fixed the problem. > Do I need to do this on every computer I use this on? > Is there an easy way to have this done automaticaly?
Message 10 of 12
Tomdum

Thanks again so much.
Message 11 of 12
loh
Contributor

We only have this problems with 64 bit installations. Can any one tell me why?

Message 12 of 12
loh
Contributor
in reply to: loh

I forgot to tell you tha we have a MEP 2010 installations on a 64 bit computer.. ít´s here we have the same problems. where should I go to look on my paths are correct and how do I find out if they are correct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums