Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not open drawing in LDC

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
AllenJessup
484 Views, 7 Replies

Can not open drawing in LDC

I need to open and old project in Land. If I try to open it in Land Desktop Companion 2009 the drawing fails. Sometimes I can submit an error report, sometimes the program just goes away. The drawing was last opened in LDT 2005, so it is an R2004 format. I can open it in Land Enabled Map with no problems.

I've tried; Recover, Audit, Wblocking, Inserting, Purging, Map Drawing Cleanup, Purging Regapps and maybe a few other things. I saved the drawing, from Map, in a 2007 format and that has the same problem.

I thinks something is wrong with some or all of the points. If I select all of the points. The selection set blinks. I'm attaching the drawing. If anyone can find out what's wrong. I'd appreciate it. BTW The backup has the same problem.

I had to attache the WBlocked version because it was small enough. But is also has the problem.

Allen Jessup, Rockland County Highway Department

Civil 3D 2011, Version 2

Raster Design 2011

LDC 2009
Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit

Dell Precision T7400, Xenon X5460, 3.2 GHz, 4 GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600, 768MB - Driver Version: 8.17.0012.6570

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: AllenJessup

Hi Allen,

I can open the drawing in LDC2009 without a problem.  Have you applied all the Service Packs available for LDC2009? I ran the CheckPoints and added all to the project point database. Audit reports no errors.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 8
AllenJessup
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for taking a look. LDC is at SP3 (Version 4). So that looks to be current. I opened other drawing in LDT to check if it was the program and had not problem. It seems to be just this one drawing

I never got any errors with an audit or recover either. I opened it in C3D 2011 and it didn't find any errors either. I found I can't even Xref the drawing in to an LDT drawing.

If you would. Can you e-mail me the drawing if you saved it? jessupa AT co.rockland.ny.us.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
AllenJessup

Just on the off chance it was the program I tried a repair but the drawing still fails.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
AllenJessup

Just an FYI. It's definitely the points. I opened the drawing in LEM and erased the points. Now the drawing opens. I have the point database so I'll just have to reinsert the points.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M

I'm a bit slow this Friday, but I sent the saved drawing to your email anyway. Odd that I could open it fine but you couldn't. I wonder if there is something in the Points.mdb or Groups.mdb files mucking it up.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 8
AllenJessup

Thanks Jeff. I have to wait until our IT Dept. releases it because it's a Zip file. Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
AllenJessup

The drawing you sent me opens with no problem after being copied to the original project path. So no bad database. I think this will remain one of those mysteries we'll never know the answer to. I appreciate the help.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums