Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment text

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
456 Views, 22 Replies

Alignment text

Hey does anybody know how to make pi labels appear when you do station labels on alignments? I have an alignment that is made with a polyline with no curves. When I station them, it does not label the bends with a pi station. Any help would br great. RR
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Manually Label them is the only solution I've found. Robert "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message news:412B6B9E.EC444E11@hogancorp.com... > Hey does anybody know how to make pi labels appear when you do station > labels on alignments? I have an alignment that is made with a polyline > with no curves. > When I station them, it does not label the bends with a pi station. > Any help would br great. > > RR >
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous

I posted to either this newsgroup or the Land customization group a lisp routine that will label all PI's of the current alignment. I don't seem to have it on this computer so i can't post it again until I find it. A search of those groups should locate it for you though. -- Jeff check out www.cadvault.com "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message news:412B6B9E.EC444E11@hogancorp.com... > Hey does anybody know how to make pi labels appear when you do station > labels on alignments? I have an alignment that is made with a polyline > with no curves. > When I station them, it does not label the bends with a pi station. > Any help would br great. > > RR >
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous

Jeff, I believe it was this one? I think you were the one who had helped me out with the same problem, so I'll pass the help on! -- John Michalik Drafting and Design LDD/CAD Development & Standards johnm@weissereng.com "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message news:412b9fe7_3@newsprd01... > I posted to either this newsgroup or the Land customization group a lisp > routine that will label all PI's of the current alignment. I don't seem to > have it on this computer so i can't post it again until I find it. A search > of those groups should locate it for you though. > > -- > Jeff > check out www.cadvault.com > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > news:412B6B9E.EC444E11@hogancorp.com... > > Hey does anybody know how to make pi labels appear when you do station > > labels on alignments? I have an alignment that is made with a polyline > > with no curves. > > When I station them, it does not label the bends with a pi station. > > Any help would br great. > > > > RR > > > > Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "Label_pi_tan.VLX"
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous

Yep, that's the one! Thanks, John. And here's the text from my original post (2/5/04): Just use the appload command to load it, then, at the Command: prompt, type "label_tan_pi" to run. If you already have an alignment set current, it just labels it. If not, it prompts to select one. I did not incorporate the LDD alignement select process (select on screen, type, or select from a list), only selecting on screen works, so if you want to pick from a list, use the LDD align select first. Hoping you like it, Jeff -- Jeff check out www.cadvault.com "John Michalik" wrote in message news:412ba735_1@newsprd01... > Jeff, > > I believe it was this one? I think you were the one who had helped me out > with the same problem, so I'll pass the help on! > > -- > John Michalik > Drafting and Design > LDD/CAD Development & Standards > johnm@weissereng.com > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > news:412b9fe7_3@newsprd01... > > I posted to either this newsgroup or the Land customization group a lisp > > routine that will label all PI's of the current alignment. I don't seem to > > have it on this computer so i can't post it again until I find it. A > search > > of those groups should locate it for you though. > > > > -- > > Jeff > > check out www.cadvault.com > > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > > news:412B6B9E.EC444E11@hogancorp.com... > > > Hey does anybody know how to make pi labels appear when you do station > > > labels on alignments? I have an alignment that is made with a polyline > > > with no curves. > > > When I station them, it does not label the bends with a pi station. > > > Any help would br great. > > > > > > RR > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous

No problem Jeff, although I should thank you for solving that one for me. Hey, since I have your attention. 🙂 You wouldn't happen to have a thought or solution to my question in Land Desktop Customization titled Get LDD Point Number in Map would ya?? Have a good one! -- John Michalik Drafting and Design LDD/CAD Development & Standards johnm@weissereng.com "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message news:412bae3f_2@newsprd01... > Yep, that's the one! Thanks, John. > > And here's the text from my original post (2/5/04): > Just use the appload command to load it, then, at the Command: prompt, > type "label_tan_pi" to run. If you already have an alignment set > current, it just labels it. If not, it prompts to select one. I did not > incorporate the LDD alignement select process (select on screen, type, > or select from a list), only selecting on screen works, so if you want > to pick from a list, use the LDD align select first. > > Hoping you like it, > Jeff > > > -- > Jeff > check out www.cadvault.com > "John Michalik" wrote in message > news:412ba735_1@newsprd01... > > Jeff, > > > > I believe it was this one? I think you were the one who had helped me out > > with the same problem, so I'll pass the help on! > > > > -- > > John Michalik > > Drafting and Design > > LDD/CAD Development & Standards > > johnm@weissereng.com > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > news:412b9fe7_3@newsprd01... > > > I posted to either this newsgroup or the Land customization group a lisp > > > routine that will label all PI's of the current alignment. I don't seem > to > > > have it on this computer so i can't post it again until I find it. A > > search > > > of those groups should locate it for you though. > > > > > > -- > > > Jeff > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > > > news:412B6B9E.EC444E11@hogancorp.com... > > > > Hey does anybody know how to make pi labels appear when you do station > > > > labels on alignments? I have an alignment that is made with a polyline > > > > with no curves. > > > > When I station them, it does not label the bends with a pi station. > > > > Any help would br great. > > > > > > > > RR > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous

"John Michalik" wrote in message news:412bb430_3@newsprd01... > No problem Jeff, although I should thank you for solving that one for me. > Hey, since I have your attention. 🙂 You wouldn't happen to have a thought > or solution to my question in Land Desktop Customization titled Get LDD > Point Number in Map would ya?? Have a good one! > Hi, John. I saw your question over there and was attempting to find a machine with Vanilla Acad on it to see what the Aecc_Point object would look like there. I suspect that the proper codes will not be attainable, which means that R.K.'s option would work. However, his suggestion of looking at the database is in the wrong direction, IMHO. The biggest reason is that the points are stored in East - North format.....if the drawing has had any Base Point/North Rotation applied then attempting to find the insertion point will be nearly impossible. Using the (entget) list shows, as R.K. points out and you already knew, assoc 90 is the point number. Expanding on that, the insertion point is assoc 10 and, I THINK, assoc 11 is the actual east north elev I just saw your response in the other group.......without the Land Object Enabler intsalled on a machine with vanilla Acad, you won't see the astual point but an "AcadZombieObject" in it's place (I think that's what they are called) Jeff
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous

Jeff, thanks for your replies, I think that the Land Object Enabler may be part of my problem as the point objects are there, but I can't get it to recognize them as such. I may have to back off on this for a bit to pursue some other items that are a little more pressing, but I will keep working and keep an eye on my original thread in the customization group. -- John Michalik Drafting and Design LDD/CAD Development & Standards johnm@weissereng.com "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message news:412bc064_2@newsprd01... > "John Michalik" wrote in message > news:412bb430_3@newsprd01... > > No problem Jeff, although I should thank you for solving that one for me. > > Hey, since I have your attention. 🙂 You wouldn't happen to have a > thought > > or solution to my question in Land Desktop Customization titled Get LDD > > Point Number in Map would ya?? Have a good one! > > > Hi, John. > I saw your question over there and was attempting to find a machine with > Vanilla Acad on it to see what the Aecc_Point object would look like there. > I suspect that the proper codes will not be attainable, which means that > R.K.'s option would work. > > However, his suggestion of looking at the database is in the wrong > direction, IMHO. The biggest reason is that the points are stored in East - > North format.....if the drawing has had any Base Point/North Rotation > applied then attempting to find the insertion point will be nearly > impossible. > > Using the (entget) list shows, as R.K. points out and you already knew, > assoc 90 is the point number. Expanding on that, the insertion point is > assoc 10 and, I THINK, assoc 11 is the actual east north elev > > I just saw your response in the other group.......without the Land Object > Enabler intsalled on a machine with vanilla Acad, you won't see the astual > point but an "AcadZombieObject" in it's place (I think that's what they are > called) > > Jeff > >
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous

I downloaded the routine but it is giving me an error. If I load or select an alignment first it gives a *Cancel* bad argument type: stringp nil Command: label_tan_pi *Cancel* bad argument type: stringp nil when I unload the alignment from the data base it gives me an error: Alignment database is unloaded. Done! Command: label_tan_pi Please select an alignment: *Cancel* bad argument type: stringp nil Command: "label_tan_pi" Unknown command ""LABEL_TAN_PI"". Press F1 for help. I'm running LDD5 any help thanks RR John Michalik wrote: > Jeff, > > I believe it was this one? I think you were the one who had helped me out > with the same problem, so I'll pass the help on! > > -- > John Michalik > Drafting and Design > LDD/CAD Development & Standards > johnm@weissereng.com > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > news:412b9fe7_3@newsprd01... > > I posted to either this newsgroup or the Land customization group a lisp > > routine that will label all PI's of the current alignment. I don't seem to > > have it on this computer so i can't post it again until I find it. A > search > > of those groups should locate it for you though. > > > > -- > > Jeff > > check out www.cadvault.com > > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > > news:412B6B9E.EC444E11@hogancorp.com... > > > Hey does anybody know how to make pi labels appear when you do station > > > labels on alignments? I have an alignment that is made with a polyline > > > with no curves. > > > When I station them, it does not label the bends with a pi station. > > > Any help would br great. > > > > > > RR > > > > > > > > > Name: Label_pi_tan.VLX > Label_pi_tan.VLX Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream) > Encoding: x-uuencode
Message 10 of 23
Anonymous

maybe Jeff has an answer. I'm running 4 here, so can't help with 5. Sorry for hijacking your thread earlier by the way! Good luck with pi routine -- John Michalik Drafting and Design LDD/CAD Development & Standards johnm@weissereng.com "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message news:412C95C0.54EFF6B2@hogancorp.com... I downloaded the routine but it is giving me an error. If I load or select an alignment first it gives a *Cancel* bad argument type: stringp nil Command: label_tan_pi *Cancel* bad argument type: stringp nil when I unload the alignment from the data base it gives me an error: Alignment database is unloaded. Done! Command: label_tan_pi Please select an alignment: *Cancel* bad argument type: stringp nil Command: "label_tan_pi" Unknown command ""LABEL_TAN_PI"". Press F1 for help. I'm running LDD5 any help thanks RR John Michalik wrote: Jeff, I believe it was this one? I think you were the one who had helped me out with the same problem, so I'll pass the help on! -- John Michalik Drafting and Design LDD/CAD Development & Standards johnm@weissereng.com "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message news:412b9fe7_3@newsprd01... > I posted to either this newsgroup or the Land customization group a lisp > routine that will label all PI's of the current alignment. I don't seem to > have it on this computer so i can't post it again until I find it. A search > of those groups should locate it for you though. > > -- > Jeff > check out www.cadvault.com > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > news:412B6B9E.EC444E11@hogancorp.com... > > Hey does anybody know how to make pi labels appear when you do station > > labels on alignments? I have an alignment that is made with a polyline > > with no curves. > > When I station them, it does not label the bends with a pi station. > > Any help would br great. > > > > RR > > > > Name: Label_pi_tan.VLX Label_pi_tan.VLX Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream) Encoding: x-uuencode
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous

No problem hope he can help RR John Michalik wrote: > maybe Jeff has an answer. I'm running 4 here, so can't help with 5. > Sorry for hijacking your thread earlier by the way! Good luck with pi > routine > -- > John Michalik > Drafting and Design > LDD/CAD Development & Standards > johnm@weissereng.com > > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > news:412C95C0.54EFF6B2@hogancorp.com...I downloaded the > routine but it is giving me an error. If I load or select > an alignment first it gives a > *Cancel* > bad argument type: stringp nil > Command: label_tan_pi > *Cancel* > bad argument type: stringp nil > when I unload the alignment from the data base it gives me > an error: > Alignment database is unloaded. > Done! > > Command: label_tan_pi > > Please select an alignment: *Cancel* > bad argument type: stringp nil > Command: "label_tan_pi" > Unknown command ""LABEL_TAN_PI"". Press F1 for help. > I'm running LDD5 > any help thanks > > RR > > > John Michalik wrote: > > > Jeff, > > > > I believe it was this one? I think you were the one who > > had helped me out > > with the same problem, so I'll pass the help on! > > > > -- > > John Michalik > > Drafting and Design > > LDD/CAD Development & Standards > > johnm@weissereng.com > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > news:412b9fe7_3@newsprd01... > > > I posted to either this newsgroup or the Land > > customization group a lisp > > > routine that will label all PI's of the current > > alignment. I don't seem to > > > have it on this computer so i can't post it again until > > I find it. A > > search > > > of those groups should locate it for you though. > > > > > > -- > > > Jeff > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > > > news:412B6B9E.EC444E11@hogancorp.com... > > > > Hey does anybody know how to make pi labels appear > > when you do station > > > > labels on alignments? I have an alignment that is made > > with a polyline > > > > with no curves. > > > > When I station them, it does not label the bends with > > a pi station. > > > > Any help would br great. > > > > > > > > RR > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Name: Label_pi_tan.VLX > > Label_pi_tan.VLX Type: unspecified type > > (application/octet-stream) > > Encoding: x-uuencode >
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous

Hi Robert, Thanks for your interest in this. I have a feeling that the problem is that I developed this in LDD3 and you are using LDD5. I'm pretty sure I know what to change, but I'm not sure of what to change it to.......Could you cut & paste these lines, one at a time, to the command line of a drawing that has an alignment database and has had an alignment set current and then post the results? (setq acadObj (vlax-get-acad-object)) (setq aecApp (vla-getinterfaceobject acadObj "Aecc.Application")) (setq aecProj (vlax-get aecApp "ActiveProject")) (setq aecAligns (vlax-get aecProj "Alignments")) (setq aecAlign (vlax-get aecAligns "CurrentAlignment") ) -- Jeff check out www.cadvault.com "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message news:412C95C0.54EFF6B2@hogancorp.com... > I downloaded the routine but it is giving me an error. If I load or select an > alignment first it gives a > *Cancel* > bad argument type: stringp nil > Command: label_tan_pi > *Cancel* > bad argument type: stringp nil > when I unload the alignment from the data base it gives me an error: > Alignment database is unloaded. > Done! > > Command: label_tan_pi > > Please select an alignment: *Cancel* > bad argument type: stringp nil > Command: "label_tan_pi" > Unknown command ""LABEL_TAN_PI"". Press F1 for help. > I'm running LDD5 > any help thanks
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous

Strike that last post. I know where the problem is, and it isn't where I'd previously thought, although it is version related. I will re-work the code and post it later on today. Sorry 'bout that. -- Jeff check out www.cadvault.com "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message news:412e0243$1_1@newsprd01... > Hi Robert, > Thanks for your interest in this. I have a feeling that the problem is that > I developed this in LDD3 and you are using LDD5. >
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous

Robert, Please give this a try. I've reworked how it accesses the Land defaults for the station labels and believe I've solved the problem. -- Jeff check out www.cadvault.com "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message news:412e2a08_1@newsprd01... > Strike that last post. I know where the problem is, and it isn't where I'd > previously thought, although it is version related. I will re-work the code > and post it later on today. > Sorry 'bout that. > > -- > Jeff > check out www.cadvault.com > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > news:412e0243$1_1@newsprd01... > > Hi Robert, > > Thanks for your interest in this. I have a feeling that the problem is > that > > I developed this in LDD3 and you are using LDD5. > > > Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "label_tan_pi.fas"
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous

Jeff, Tried this and still no luck. here is what i gives when the alignment database is closed. Please select an alignment: *Cancel* Automation Error. Invalid input this is what it reads when I have a alignment current. Command: label_tan_pi Please select an alignment: Entity selected is not an alignment, try again.... Hope this helps fix the problem. RR Jeff Mishler wrote: > Robert, > Please give this a try. I've reworked how it accesses the Land defaults for > the station labels and believe I've solved the problem. > > -- > Jeff > check out www.cadvault.com > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > news:412e2a08_1@newsprd01... > > Strike that last post. I know where the problem is, and it isn't where I'd > > previously thought, although it is version related. I will re-work the > code > > and post it later on today. > > Sorry 'bout that. > > > > -- > > Jeff > > check out www.cadvault.com > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > news:412e0243$1_1@newsprd01... > > > Hi Robert, > > > Thanks for your interest in this. I have a feeling that the problem is > > that > > > I developed this in LDD3 and you are using LDD5. > > > > > > > Name: label_tan_pi.fas > label_tan_pi.fas Type: AutoCAD Fast-load AutoLISP File (application/x-unknown-content-type-AutoCADAutoLISPFastLoadFile) > Encoding: x-uuencode
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous

Robert, I'm at a loss. This code works just fine here on my LDD3 install. The fact that it is asking for you to select an alignment when one is already current is really baffling since my code will skip that portion if one is already current. All I can figure is that the Land API has changed for the alignments. Since I don't have 2005 to play with, I just can't begin to wonder what it could be. -- Jeff check out www.cadvault.com "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message news:412F2D4C.DFD18AE5@hogancorp.com... > Jeff, > Tried this and still no luck. > here is what i gives when the alignment database is closed. > Please select an alignment: *Cancel* > Automation Error. Invalid input > > this is what it reads when I have a alignment current. > Command: label_tan_pi > > Please select an alignment: > Entity selected is not an alignment, try again.... > > Hope this helps fix the problem. > > RR > > > Jeff Mishler wrote: > > > Robert, > > Please give this a try. I've reworked how it accesses the Land defaults for > > the station labels and believe I've solved the problem. > > > > -- > > Jeff > > check out www.cadvault.com > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > news:412e2a08_1@newsprd01... > > > Strike that last post. I know where the problem is, and it isn't where I'd > > > previously thought, although it is version related. I will re-work the > > code > > > and post it later on today. > > > Sorry 'bout that. > > > > > > -- > > > Jeff > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > > news:412e0243$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > Hi Robert, > > > > Thanks for your interest in this. I have a feeling that the problem is > > > that > > > > I developed this in LDD3 and you are using LDD5. > > > > > > > > > > > Name: label_tan_pi.fas > > label_tan_pi.fas Type: AutoCAD Fast-load AutoLISP File (application/x-unknown-content-type-AutoCADAutoLISPFastLoadFile) > > Encoding: x-uuencode >
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous

That's cool. If and when you do get it, if you could just post it. RR Jeff Mishler wrote: > Robert, > I'm at a loss. This code works just fine here on my LDD3 install. The fact > that it is asking for you to select an alignment when one is already current > is really baffling since my code will skip that portion if one is already > current. All I can figure is that the Land API has changed for the > alignments. Since I don't have 2005 to play with, I just can't begin to > wonder what it could be. > > -- > Jeff > check out www.cadvault.com > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > news:412F2D4C.DFD18AE5@hogancorp.com... > > Jeff, > > Tried this and still no luck. > > here is what i gives when the alignment database is closed. > > Please select an alignment: *Cancel* > > Automation Error. Invalid input > > > > this is what it reads when I have a alignment current. > > Command: label_tan_pi > > > > Please select an alignment: > > Entity selected is not an alignment, try again.... > > > > Hope this helps fix the problem. > > > > RR > > > > > > Jeff Mishler wrote: > > > > > Robert, > > > Please give this a try. I've reworked how it accesses the Land defaults > for > > > the station labels and believe I've solved the problem. > > > > > > -- > > > Jeff > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > > news:412e2a08_1@newsprd01... > > > > Strike that last post. I know where the problem is, and it isn't where > I'd > > > > previously thought, although it is version related. I will re-work the > > > code > > > > and post it later on today. > > > > Sorry 'bout that. > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Jeff > > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > > > news:412e0243$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > > Hi Robert, > > > > > Thanks for your interest in this. I have a feeling that the problem > is > > > > that > > > > > I developed this in LDD3 and you are using LDD5. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Name: label_tan_pi.fas > > > label_tan_pi.fas Type: AutoCAD Fast-load AutoLISP File > (application/x-unknown-content-type-AutoCADAutoLISPFastLoadFile) > > > Encoding: x-uuencode > >
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous

Well, since it'll be a while before my employer upgrades I decided to re-write this routine in VBA. I have it working and if you know how to load & run VBA macros feel free to try this out. You may need to change the references in the dvb file, just open the vbaide and read the header in my dvb file. If, after changing any required references, you get any errors, please let me know at the jeff_m@cadvault.com -- Jeff check out www.cadvault.com "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message news:413332F7.9B5C81A3@hogancorp.com... > That's cool. If and when you do get it, if you could just post it. > > RR > > Jeff Mishler wrote: > > > Robert, > > I'm at a loss. This code works just fine here on my LDD3 install. The fact > > that it is asking for you to select an alignment when one is already current > > is really baffling since my code will skip that portion if one is already > > current. All I can figure is that the Land API has changed for the > > alignments. Since I don't have 2005 to play with, I just can't begin to > > wonder what it could be. > > > > -- > > Jeff > > check out www.cadvault.com > > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > > news:412F2D4C.DFD18AE5@hogancorp.com... > > > Jeff, > > > Tried this and still no luck. > > > here is what i gives when the alignment database is closed. > > > Please select an alignment: *Cancel* > > > Automation Error. Invalid input > > > > > > this is what it reads when I have a alignment current. > > > Command: label_tan_pi > > > > > > Please select an alignment: > > > Entity selected is not an alignment, try again.... > > > > > > Hope this helps fix the problem. > > > > > > RR > > > > > > > > > Jeff Mishler wrote: > > > > > > > Robert, > > > > Please give this a try. I've reworked how it accesses the Land defaults > > for > > > > the station labels and believe I've solved the problem. > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Jeff > > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > > > news:412e2a08_1@newsprd01... > > > > > Strike that last post. I know where the problem is, and it isn't where > > I'd > > > > > previously thought, although it is version related. I will re-work the > > > > code > > > > > and post it later on today. > > > > > Sorry 'bout that. > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > Jeff > > > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > > > > news:412e0243$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > > > Hi Robert, > > > > > > Thanks for your interest in this. I have a feeling that the problem > > is > > > > > that > > > > > > I developed this in LDD3 and you are using LDD5. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Name: label_tan_pi.fas > > > > label_tan_pi.fas Type: AutoCAD Fast-load AutoLISP File > > (application/x-unknown-content-type-AutoCADAutoLISPFastLoadFile) > > > > Encoding: x-uuencode > > > >
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous

Ok I'll give it a try. RR Jeff Mishler wrote: > Well, since it'll be a while before my employer upgrades I decided to > re-write this routine in VBA. I have it working and if you know how to load > & run VBA macros feel free to try this out. You may need to change the > references in the dvb file, just open the vbaide and read the header in my > dvb file. > > If, after changing any required references, you get any errors, please let > me know at the jeff_m@cadvault.com > > -- > Jeff > check out www.cadvault.com > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > news:413332F7.9B5C81A3@hogancorp.com... > > That's cool. If and when you do get it, if you could just post it. > > > > RR > > > > Jeff Mishler wrote: > > > > > Robert, > > > I'm at a loss. This code works just fine here on my LDD3 install. The > fact > > > that it is asking for you to select an alignment when one is already > current > > > is really baffling since my code will skip that portion if one is > already > > > current. All I can figure is that the Land API has changed for the > > > alignments. Since I don't have 2005 to play with, I just can't begin to > > > wonder what it could be. > > > > > > -- > > > Jeff > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > > > news:412F2D4C.DFD18AE5@hogancorp.com... > > > > Jeff, > > > > Tried this and still no luck. > > > > here is what i gives when the alignment database is closed. > > > > Please select an alignment: *Cancel* > > > > Automation Error. Invalid input > > > > > > > > this is what it reads when I have a alignment current. > > > > Command: label_tan_pi > > > > > > > > Please select an alignment: > > > > Entity selected is not an alignment, try again.... > > > > > > > > Hope this helps fix the problem. > > > > > > > > RR > > > > > > > > > > > > Jeff Mishler wrote: > > > > > > > > > Robert, > > > > > Please give this a try. I've reworked how it accesses the Land > defaults > > > for > > > > > the station labels and believe I've solved the problem. > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > Jeff > > > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > > > > news:412e2a08_1@newsprd01... > > > > > > Strike that last post. I know where the problem is, and it isn't > where > > > I'd > > > > > > previously thought, although it is version related. I will re-work > the > > > > > code > > > > > > and post it later on today. > > > > > > Sorry 'bout that. > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Jeff > > > > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > > > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > > > > > news:412e0243$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > > > > Hi Robert, > > > > > > > Thanks for your interest in this. I have a feeling that the > problem > > > is > > > > > > that > > > > > > > I developed this in LDD3 and you are using LDD5. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Name: label_tan_pi.fas > > > > > label_tan_pi.fas Type: AutoCAD Fast-load AutoLISP File > > > (application/x-unknown-content-type-AutoCADAutoLISPFastLoadFile) > > > > > Encoding: x-uuencode > > > > > > > > Name: label_tan_pi.zip > label_tan_pi.zip Type: Zip Compressed Data (application/x-zip-compressed) > Encoding: x-uuencode
Message 20 of 23
Anonymous

Jeff, Ok I kind of have it running. I checked the AecXBase,Autodesk Land 4.0 Type Library settings in tools/references. Now when I run the macro nothing happens. as far as labels it does ask me to set an alignment current. when I hit the left mouse button the labels appear. I know this is not how it is suppose to work but it does label the pi's. now when I set my scale as 50 and 5 or any scale the normal text comes in correctly scaled. But when I run the macro from the VB editor by clicking run then ok after picking the file the text comes in very large it comes at h=50 no matter what scale i have my project set to. also it does not work by typing it at the command line.only in the macro editor. hope this gives you a idea of what is going on. RR Jeff Mishler wrote: > Well, since it'll be a while before my employer upgrades I decided to > re-write this routine in VBA. I have it working and if you know how to load > & run VBA macros feel free to try this out. You may need to change the > references in the dvb file, just open the vbaide and read the header in my > dvb file. > > If, after changing any required references, you get any errors, please let > me know at the jeff_m@cadvault.com > > -- > Jeff > check out www.cadvault.com > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > news:413332F7.9B5C81A3@hogancorp.com... > > That's cool. If and when you do get it, if you could just post it. > > > > RR > > > > Jeff Mishler wrote: > > > > > Robert, > > > I'm at a loss. This code works just fine here on my LDD3 install. The > fact > > > that it is asking for you to select an alignment when one is already > current > > > is really baffling since my code will skip that portion if one is > already > > > current. All I can figure is that the Land API has changed for the > > > alignments. Since I don't have 2005 to play with, I just can't begin to > > > wonder what it could be. > > > > > > -- > > > Jeff > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > "Robert Ruiz" wrote in message > > > news:412F2D4C.DFD18AE5@hogancorp.com... > > > > Jeff, > > > > Tried this and still no luck. > > > > here is what i gives when the alignment database is closed. > > > > Please select an alignment: *Cancel* > > > > Automation Error. Invalid input > > > > > > > > this is what it reads when I have a alignment current. > > > > Command: label_tan_pi > > > > > > > > Please select an alignment: > > > > Entity selected is not an alignment, try again.... > > > > > > > > Hope this helps fix the problem. > > > > > > > > RR > > > > > > > > > > > > Jeff Mishler wrote: > > > > > > > > > Robert, > > > > > Please give this a try. I've reworked how it accesses the Land > defaults > > > for > > > > > the station labels and believe I've solved the problem. > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > Jeff > > > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > > > > news:412e2a08_1@newsprd01... > > > > > > Strike that last post. I know where the problem is, and it isn't > where > > > I'd > > > > > > previously thought, although it is version related. I will re-work > the > > > > > code > > > > > > and post it later on today. > > > > > > Sorry 'bout that. > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Jeff > > > > > > check out www.cadvault.com > > > > > > "Jeff Mishler" wrote in message > > > > > > news:412e0243$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > > > > Hi Robert, > > > > > > > Thanks for your interest in this. I have a feeling that the > problem > > > is > > > > > > that > > > > > > > I developed this in LDD3 and you are using LDD5. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Name: label_tan_pi.fas > > > > > label_tan_pi.fas Type: AutoCAD Fast-load AutoLISP File > > > (application/x-unknown-content-type-AutoCADAutoLISPFastLoadFile) > > > > > Encoding: x-uuencode > > > > > > > > Name: label_tan_pi.zip > label_tan_pi.zip Type: Zip Compressed Data (application/x-zip-compressed) > Encoding: x-uuencode

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report