Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Access toolbar disappeared

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
11650 Views, 5 Replies

Quick Access toolbar disappeared

Using LT 2009, SP3, Win XP system.

I had to acquire a new license for my system, and once I did my Quick Access toolbar disappeared from the upper left corner, by the big red "A." Anyone have any idea as to how I can restore it? It does appear in the list of "Workspace Contents" in the Customize User Interface window.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kathleen_McCann
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Motorhead964,
I understand after receiving a new license for your system, the Quick Access toolbar (QAT) disappeared from the upper left corner, and you would like to know how to restore the Quick Access toolbar.
Have you tried switching between the workspaces?
Unless the QAT was somehow deleted from AutoCAD LT 2009, the Workspace Switching should restore the QAT.
If it does not return after Switching Workspaces, there are a few other steps you can try to restore the default CUI files which will restore the CUI.
Please note: if you restore the default CUI, you will lose any changes to the CUI that have been made recently.
To add commands to the toolbar:
1. Enter CUI at the command line.
2. In the Customize User Interface dialog box, select your current workspace
3. Right-click and select "Customize Workspace".
4. In the "Workspace Contents" pane on the top right, confirm that the "Quick Access Toolbar" is listed and contains commands when expanded.
5. If it is listed, but there are no commands when it is expanded, click and drag the commands that you want to add from the "Command List" pane in the bottom left to the Quick Access Toolbar.
6. Click Done in the "Workspace Contents" pane.
7. Click Ok to close the CUI dialog.
To Restore the default CUI file:
a. With AutoCAD closed, open Windows Explorer.
b. Go to Tools > Folder Options.
c. Switch to the the View tab.
d. Select "Show hidden files and folders".
e. Select Ok.
f. Browse to C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2009\UserDataCache\Support
g. Copy ACADLT.CUI.
h. Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2009\R14\enu\Support.
i. Page the ACADLT.CUI file that you copied earlier.
Please let me know if this works for you.
Best Regards,
Kathleen McCann
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Ok, I switched workspaces and that seems to have worked. There were two listed: "2D Drafting & Annotation," and "AutoCAD LT Classic." I don't know what happened, as I never invoke workspaces. I simply went through both and left it on "2D."

Also, some of my other settings were changed, such as status bar icons hidden/displayed, and presence of scroll bars (usually hidden). Guess some settings got changed when my license was updated, some things didn't.

Thanks for your help, I'll file this for future reference.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

LT lacks the ability to save user profiles, unlike full AutoCAD, so it
sounds like you got started with a brand new Profile instead of capturing
your last one.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 5 of 6

did not work for me 😞 thank you anyways though
Message 6 of 6
richu32
in reply to: Kathleen_McCann

Useful information

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost