Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom extents in model space

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
alex.gotthelf
9269 Views, 9 Replies

zoom extents in model space

I can not find my drawing in model space when hitting zoom extents or double click the wheel.  I can see a speck that was a circle I drew but can not get back to my drawings.  They do show up in paper space.  Please advise.

ag
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi Alex,

This sounds like you have got another object far away from your drawing. So when you zoom extents it includes the object that is far away from your drawing.

Once you find and delete it, you should be ok with zooming to extents. Try looking for it in your model layout and make sure that all layers are visible and switched on to find it.

Hope this helps.

Martin Mitchell

Message 3 of 10

all layers are on. everthing is so far away that when capture left to right nothing shows up as highlighted. I have attached the file here.
ag
Message 4 of 10
pendean
in reply to: alex.gotthelf

Nothing attached, but you can fix this yourself: go into the viewport using VPMAX command, start LINE command, click in the middle of your drawing then while still in the LINE command 'Zoom>Extents, ensure ORTHO is turned off and click the second point for LINE command somewhere on screen.

Now obviously the other end of LINE you just drew is where your drawing is, so start ERASE and delete everywhere else. Zoom out additionally if needed.

VPMIN to get back to paperspace when you are done. Now check your handy work in Modelspace.

Message 5 of 10

Just to add something that may help.

• If you try to select objects left to right, only objects that are totally covered by the selection box will be selected and grabbed.

• If you try to select objects right to left, any object that has even a small part inside the selection window will be selected and grabbed.

Hope this helps.

Martin Mitchell

Message 6 of 10

Thank you but this still does not work.  I have attached the file for you to see. 

ag
Message 7 of 10
pendean
in reply to: alex.gotthelf

ERASE

ALL

then hold SHIFT down and window around your objects.

Offending objects deleted. Your file is fine.

Message 8 of 10
alex.gotthelf
in reply to: pendean

thank you!

ag
Message 9 of 10
ja1357
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for posting your solution it worked for me but I don't understand why this happened and why I had to hold shift when I made a selection.  Please could you explain what is happening?

Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: ja1357

Holding SHIFT allows you to deselect objects from a command's selection set.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost