Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xrefs cause lag in object selection

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
s.geddes
764 Views, 3 Replies

xrefs cause lag in object selection

I am working on a drawings with nested xrefs and am experiencing major delays when selecting objects using crossing windows. It is as if the computer thinks I am selelecting the xref even though the curser doesn't touch any visible exref entities. Basically, I click to start the window and the curser freezes for 10 to 20 seconds. I am experiencing the same problem with other commands (intermittenly) such as move, line, and offset. The exrefs are on a separate locked layer and have been moved to the back of the drawing. Does anyone have an explanation for this or a solution?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: s.geddes

How many Xrefs in total?
PC specs? Windows OS?

LT version?

Message 3 of 4
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: s.geddes

Are you absolutely sure it's the Xref's that are causing the lag? if not, try to unload all of them. If you don't have any more lag after that try reloading them one at a time to see if it's all xref's or just one of them. Or maybe it's just too many xref's and your computer can't handle them all.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 4
jverplanck
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

s.geddes is not alone, I am having the same issues, at first I though it might be contextual ribbons but without the ability to turn them off I cant eliminate that as a potential cause. The same files open fine in 2014 so it shouldnt get worse in a new release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost