Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

would someone please convert a pdf to dfx

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jmeyer
754 Views, 9 Replies

would someone please convert a pdf to dfx

I have a 3 quilt patterns that need to be converted so that the quilt lady can upload it to her machine.  Would anyone be able to do this? thanks

Jan

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: jmeyer

Kinda takin this "volunteer" forum thing a bit far, aintcha Sonny? 😉

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 10
sthompson1021

Are you talking about a DWFx file?

Message 4 of 10
jmeyer

Well, if you can't tell, I am not sure what I am asking.  This is for a friend (I don't quilt) and all I did was do a google search on converting pdf to dfx (Supposedly this ladies machine will only ready qli files but she can open a dfx file and her program will convert the dfx to qli)  Any ways, back to the 'search'...there was a link to this forum where someone asked a similar question and got some help, so I decided what the hay... I'll try it too.  If it is not allowed, I understand - I actually made my 'oval' in autocad and save it.  I guess I'll try making the 'crest' or what ever it is, if this lady can read my 'oval'.  Sorry if I offended.

Message 5 of 10
sthompson1021

Not offended at all. Always glad to help the boy scouts. I'll attach the DWFx files. Hope they can help.

Message 6 of 10

Sorry, missed the first two,here they are

Message 7 of 10
jmeyer
in reply to: sthompson1021

Thank you!!!!!      Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
heinsite

My intuition tells me you'll be back. 

A DWFx file is not equal to a DFX file as far as I know.  And something else tells me that a DFX created from your PDF files may not work either.  A DFX file is created from drawing objects where a PDF can be either a vector or a raster file to begin with.  Your files have every appearance of being raster (scanned) files.  If the DFX is intended for (sewing) machine control then they will require a DFX with object information.  I doubt a DFX created from a raster source will work even if AutoCAD is used to convert the file from PDF to DXF.

In full disclosure I admit I'm shooting from my hip here - so I'm more than willing to be corrected in the extreme if warranted.

Smiley Tongue

Dave

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 9 of 10
sthompson1021

After reading Dave reply, I did a little research and believe that he is right. I'm still not sure, but I think that the DFX format has been replaced with the DXF format. Anyway I did a quick trace of your sketch and saved it as a DXF file so hopefully it will work for what you need. Maybe someone out there can can help me get my alphabet straight.

I'm really confused nowSmiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 10
jmeyer
in reply to: sthompson1021

I was hoping I would hear back from the quilting ladies, but nothing yet.  I really appreciate all you've done along with all the support the community has been.  I will give them the new file too and let you know. 

Thanks

Jan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost