Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wont plot line weights

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
177 Views, 4 Replies

wont plot line weights

keeps plotting all lines thick like a 0.20 line even when i've put the lines on layers of 0.00 and 0.05 whats happening been trying to fix it for hours now!!!!HELP PLEASE
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you trying to set lineweights to PLINES with set thicknesses? Not an
option.
Are you trying to use LWEIGHT?
Are you trying to use Plot Style Tables? If so, perhaps your file is set to
STB and you are trying to use CTB plot style tables?

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 5
allicaarchgroup

Please expand on this last reply. I am able to create a plot file for the service bureau we use, but when they go to output, all the lines are the same weight and darkness. I have a ctb file, does the service bureau need that as well, even if I am sending over .PLT files? Please help, This is really costing us alot of time and effort to resolve.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You need to create your plt file with the driver for the printer thats plotting them. We use HP's in house but when we send to our printer we need to use a KIP driver. Find out what the output machine is. Matt "allicaarchgroup" wrote in message news:24714849.1082041440883.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Please expand on this last reply. I am able to create a plot file for the service bureau we use, but when they go to output, all the lines are the same weight and darkness. I have a ctb file, does the service bureau need that as well, even if I am sending over .PLT files? Please help, This is really costing us alot of time and effort to resolve.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Make sure your service bureau's software is set to get lineweights from your plot files (if you plot using your plot style tables), not their in-house override settings. They may need to 'upgrade' their software processing package. Also make sure your driver, and their plotter, are compatible. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost