Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird hatch problem

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
robbk
1960 Views, 17 Replies

weird hatch problem

Some of my hatches seem to be coming apart when scaled up. Like, lines where the endpoints previously connected are missing each other or crossing over. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: robbk

Are you far away from 0,0? Try setting SNAPBASE to some point closer to your
hatch, then HATCHEDIT and click OK.
Message 3 of 18
daytonagk

Are you using a standard hatch or a custom one?
Message 4 of 18
robbk

I use SNAPBASE extensively, since I have some custom hatches for siding and railing that require SNAPBASE to be located on a specific point of the drawing to create a realistic look. I reset SNAPBASE frequently.

My problem almost seems to be one of 'replicative fading' that a REGEN does not fix. If I recreate the hatch from the BH command then it looks right, but otherwise using the paint brush compounds the errors. Message was edited by: robbk@designsforliving
Message 5 of 18
robbk

I am noticing this prpblem since I have just installed the stone hatches from Eldorado Stone's website. This problem does seem unique to custom hatches.

Seen anything like that?
Message 6 of 18
robbk

Here is an image of what I'm encountering.
Message 7 of 18
robbk

The resolution is a bit fuzzy, but the hatch on the left is 'perfect' and then the middle and right are the kind of degeneration I'm talking about. Normally the paintbrush works irregardless of where SNAPBASE is or whatever.
Message 8 of 18
daytonagk

post the hatch
Message 9 of 18
robbk

It won't let me atach a .pat file. I changed the extension to .txt but you should be able to read it or change it back. It's also available here: http://www.eldoradostone.com/flashsite/
Message 10 of 18
daytonagk

All I got was scattered lines, and that was at .125 up to 20.
I would say that you have a bad pat.
Message 11 of 18
robbk

I think Kate was right, the problem seems to clear up when SNAPBASE is reconnected near to it. But still this is a weird thing.

I drew a rectangle and set snapbase at one end of it. I hatched it then stretched it almost 200' The hatch actually decays increasingly towards the stretched end. Really odd. Message was edited by: robbk@designsforliving
Message 12 of 18
daytonagk

What i was meaning was that the hatch has been written badly.
The lines never connected, there is always a gap. As you get further away from the snapbase the more evident it becomes (the gaps get larger).
Message 13 of 18
Charles_Shade

Owens Corning Cultured Stone "StoneCAD" has not given me any problems. Might be worth looking them up.

Regards,
Charlie Shade
Message 14 of 18
robbk

Is it free? They have an order form instead of a download page.

Also, what's it like?
Message 15 of 18
robbk

Yes it seems you are correct. These require resetting the SNAPBASE every time. Makes it difficult for large hatches.
Message 16 of 18
Charles_Shade

Free for the asking. They mail a disc to you. Not instant gratification but it has worked well for me. The webpage claims a lot that can be done with the program but I think that only relates to full AutoCAD like Fypon does.

Regards,
cshade
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous

The problem is that the further away from the SNAPBASE hatch origin you
hatch, the more the roundoff errors in the calculations done to define the
hatch line segment endpoints accumulate. When a pattern is specified to a
higher precision its useful area is extended.

Try this attached version that I sharpened up with HatchKit. HatchKit can
read esisting pattern files and automatically rewrite them at high
precision.

www.cadro.com.au/hatchkit/

Hugh Adamson
Cadro Pty Ltd
www.cadro.com.au
Message 18 of 18
robbk

That's sweet. It works. I'll check out that product.

Thanx!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost