Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toolpalette redefine dblock autocad LT

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
patrick.bijsterveld
2679 Views, 22 Replies

toolpalette redefine dblock autocad LT

I'm trying to insert a block, wich contains 2 nested blocks:

1 dynamic block

1 annotive block which has a scale 1:200 with an attribute.

when i'm inserting it trough the toolpalette, and my annoscale is 1:100, the annotive block is converted to the annotive scale 1:100, instead of the 1:200 wich it originally is.

i can't set the annotationscale in the toolpallete, exept when i use macro's.

but this also has a drawback.

when i'm inserting the block with a macro, i have to insert a complete drawing wich contains only this one block.This block contains dynamic parameters (i can't add dynamic parameters outside of the blockeditor)

When this block (dwg) is inserted, i explode the block so it becomes the dynamic block again. but the block cannot be redefined, because the actual inserted block is a dwg file.

can anyone help me or is it a drawback of the use of the toolpalette and dynamic / annotive blocks?

thanx in advanced for your replies.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

thanx for checking it,

after the "=" the "Y" is automatically invoked, as you can see that the
block is updated with the extra stuuf you did to it.

indeed, the hatch question is not yet resolved.

the funny thing is when i insert the block and the hatch "jumps" to its
original state, when i do a bedit, open the block and discard the changed,
the hatch is shown correcly.

thanx for testing it with me charles.
Message 22 of 23

The default here for = is No in answer to the redefine. Does your system default to Yes?

Expanding on the thread for others:

Also the -I function only finds Blocks in the Folders that are included in the Support File Search Path.

I have Blocks in a bit of a tree (Elevation, Plan, Section, etc...) so I would need to include each of these paths to use this.

Message 23 of 23

Charles,

i was on vacation, so the reply is somewhat late.

indeed if you typ in on the commandline and it asks if you want to redefine, it states <N> , but if you put in in a macro, it updates the block still.

i also had the blocks in a tree, the downside of this is that you have to put in in the support file searchpath. In autocad LT with a fresch install you have to put every path manually in the options menu, therefor i use 1 dir for my blocks.

thanx for looking in to it. pherhaps till the next time.
grtz pat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost