Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"not developed or licensed by AutoDesk" warning

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
9294 Views, 13 Replies

"not developed or licensed by AutoDesk" warning

Hi;

My First post!

We are switching over 100% to AutoCAD LT after having used TurboCad for the last decade. So, we have hundreds of TurboCad drawings - simple stuff, just floor plans with cabing node maps.

We open them in TurboCad and save them in .dwg format. Of course, when we open them in AutoCAD LT 2012 or 2013, we get the warning:

TrustedDWG Waring

Problem is, when we edit the drawing and save it, even with a new name, the edited drawing still generates the warning - even though the stantement in the warning about "not saved by AutoCAD" is false in that case!

If I block-export it, the resultant "paper" drawing opens without the warning, but that one is not what we want.

We need a way to cause our true AutoCAD LT files to not display the warning. We will be sharing these files with other organizations, so just disabling the warning in our copies of LT is not an option.

Surely AutoDesk can support people like us, who are trying to do the "right thing" and use only AutoCAD?

BTW, I'm finding plenty of irritation about this on the web, such as:

http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/2010/04/big-oopsie-autodesk-prevails-against-oda-but-is-faili...

Steve

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

I had the same problem

When you first open a drawing last saved by TurboCad in AutoCad, run the following command " -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD " (notice the dash in the command) then take the first option on the list

Regards Lawson

If any answer solves your problem, remember to mark it as solved so other people can find the solution

Message 3 of 14
Charles_Shade

To echo Lawsons advice the EXPORTTOAUTOCAD will do what you seek but will also dumb down the drawing as all entities will be made, shal we say, not quite as smart.

My thought on your issue is that there are Block entities or AEC type objects in these drawings that are triggering the warning.

Give one or two a try and see if this is what you seek.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 4 of 14
pendean

So check that box at the bottom of the popup: or is that too obvious a solution here?

I mean, you know your files are from TurboCAD which is not created by Autodesk, so you know this prompt will always come up: do you really feel the need to be reminded of it every time you open a file? It's not like you did not know you changes software brands/makers, so lose the pop-up.

If you are any 'real' problems with the files after that, see the advice above abouot using -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean:

You might not have seen this in my original post: " ...We need a way to cause our true AutoCAD LT files to not display the warning. We will be sharing these files with other organizations, so just disabling the warning in our copies of LT is not an option."

Steve

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Lawson and Charles;

Thanks to both for the quick replies! I'm just a pointy-haired network manager with zero Acad skills, trying to keep track of cabling installations.

The -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command worked and the resultant file opens with no warnings, and in the results window I now see this:

Opening an AutoCAD LT 2010/AutoCAD 2010 format file.
Regenerating model.
Command:
Autodesk DWG.  This file is a TrustedDWG last saved by an Autodesk application
or Autodesk licensed application.

Charles, please help me understand the "dumbed-down caveat. Will it be any worse that not doing the -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD and just working with the convered TurboCad drawing?

Also wondering about forum ethics - the .dwg in question is about 300K , contains nothing proprietary. Can I attach it? Would that help you assist me with the above question?

Thanks again!

Steve

Message 7 of 14
pendean

No, I read that part: just offering you a quicker solution than mass conversions as suggested above. I'm not sure many others really wory about it except for the super inexperienced, but it's your call.

If you are converting a large number of DWGs, try the free viewer from Autodesk and hand off the task to someone with a lower billing rate.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Pendean

The other posters tried to help, offered a real, functional solution. You offered sarcasm "So check that box at the bottom of the popup: or is that too obvious a solution here?" and told me to do something that I already knew about, and explictly mentioned "was not an option".

Our drawings are distributed to users ranging from the super-inexperienced (like me) to people who sit in front of AutoCad consoles 100% of the time and make their livings as draftsmen.  Accompaning every drawings with a note instructing the recipient to "disregad the warning" is not something we are going to do.

If the purpose of your post was to make me feel stupid, you have failed ... my paint is not even scratched.

Steve

Message 9 of 14
drjohn

Don't worry about Dean's presentation.  His social skills are less than acceptable but he is a wealth of info. He spends most of the day answering questions (well, maybe more ASKING questions) here.  Some (most) answers good, some not so good.

It's just his way.

Regards,

DJ

Message 10 of 14
Charles_Shade
Message 11 of 14
Charles_Shade
in reply to: drjohn

Personally; I enjoy the brevity.

Message 12 of 14
drjohn
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Great.  Enjoy away.  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Glad I could help

Thats just Deans way of introducing you to the Forum, we have all copped it

Message 14 of 14
pendean

Not sure how you got all of that from my brief replies, but that was not the intent: just offering you an alternate solution to converting "... hundreds of TurboCad drawings...".

I take it that this never bothered you all before when you used TurboCAD for 10-years and sent files out to these " ...distributed to users ranging from the super-inexperienced..." so I am finding it quite curious why all of a sudden it is such a major concern.

I've re-read your top post over again, and it appears you are most-anxiously pointing fingers at everyone except yourselves (the company, not you personally) for this pop-up that everyone you've ever shared files with for 10-years has gotten everytime they opened one of your TC converted DWG files.

So, to recap: my first and second reply are taking your company values to heart: you (the company, not you personally) never cared for 10-years about your recipients getting the pop-up. It's a perfect fit until your company has a change of heart (which it appears to do so now).

My 2cents worth: stating the obvious that's all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost