Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Ticks" at tangent points..

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bmw1789
729 Views, 6 Replies

"Ticks" at tangent points..

I am currently working on a landscape plan and I have been given a plan with by an "old timer" in our firm to plot out. He specifically wants tick marks at all tangents..is this possible to do automatically without having a lisp? I don't mind selecting the arc and manually doing it..since I have already been drawing them in one by one manually.. Please help if anyone had any ideas!!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: bmw1789

Create a "tick" block and INSERT it: wouldn't that be what the lisp will do?
Or do you need to use POINT objects? Just set PDMODE to a shape other than a dot.
Message 3 of 7
bmw1789

That post was a while back..by using the suggested PDMODE can you make those "tick" marks parallel perpendicular with the arch which is being referenced? It would be a useful tool to have in the future
Message 4 of 7
bob_mpc

No, the point marks always are aligned to the coordinate system.

You should make a dynamic block with "ALIGN" action. See the sample.

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1
Message 5 of 7
bmwalker1789
in reply to: bob_mpc

Thanks for that sample.  I was able to open it in block editor change the color and just move it to my tool pallette! big help.  Now for another question.  I am interested in a macro/ diesel script that will automatically go to the options of scale and then reference and repeat the command until i press escape.

For example if i have a circle  and I want a "plant" block to be the size of the circle instead of running the scale command, selecting a point, then typing R, and then the center point again, and then the another point to scale to.  Is there a way I can select the block, type "SCR" and then immediatly pick the next two points and then it repeat it so that i can do multiple "plants at one time?

I have looked into creating my own macro but when I looked at the scale Macro String it was a diesel, and I was at a stand still.  Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 7
pendean
in reply to: bmwalker1789

That's LISP if you want to type it and have the magic done for you, not a feature of LT.

If your plant block was created with a basepoint in the center, your macro would invoke the INSERT command, call the plant block, activate the CENTter osnap, wait for you to pick the circle in question, your macro would then flip to the QUAdrant (or NEArest) osnap and wait for you to pick the edge of the circle. Two clicks for you after you click to activate the menu button that houses the macro.

Message 7 of 7
bob_mpc
in reply to: bmwalker1789

@bmwalker1789 wrote:

For example if i have a circle  and I want a "plant" block to be the size of the circle instead of running the scale command, selecting a point, then typing R, and then the center point again, and then the another point to scale to.  Is there a way I can select the block, type "SCR" and then immediatly pick the next two points and then it repeat it so that i can do multiple "plants at one time?

I have looked into creating my own macro but when I looked at the scale Macro String it was a diesel, and I was at a stand still.  Smiley Sad

Glad to be of help.

I fail to understand why this so complex procedure? Just tick in the Insert window the "Specify on screen" for scale and you can easily just drag with the mouse to the circle. This, of course, means that the block must be created to fit in circle with radius 1.

Or, to avoid repeatedly dealing with the insert menu, you can do it with "mulltiple -insert" (don't miss the minus). This invokes the textscreen version of "insert" and you can just hit "enter" (or right-click) at the first promt (the name of the block - it is by default the last one inserted) and again pick the center of the circle and then pick again a point on the circle. The "multiple" repeats the "-insert" until you hit ESC.

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost