Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"HELP" window (the window that pops open when you hit F1)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cdavis7254
447 Views, 3 Replies

"HELP" window (the window that pops open when you hit F1)

We are using 2009LT on Windows 7 (64bit).  Any time I hit F1, either by accident while trying to hit ESC, or when I want "HELP", it takes up to 2 minutes for the window to open.  This may not seem like a lot of time, but it is really irritating.  Has anyone else had this issue? And is there some setting that I may have set wrong that will stop this?  On a side note, it did start happening when we switched over to Windows 7.

Thanks to everyone for reading and/or answering.

Cary

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mrcouncil
in reply to: cdavis7254

I'm not exactly sure if it's the same in LT2008 as it is in 2011... but you can go to Options / System and uncheck the 'Use online help from Autodesk' option if your system is bogging down trying to access the Internet.

If you are using the "Online" option try copying and pasting the URL into the address bar of your browser and see if it takes as long to get you there as it does when hitting F1. What browser / version are you using?

Message 3 of 4
cdavis7254
in reply to: mrcouncil

I don't think it is the same, I don't have that choice in my options.  Also, help doesn't take me online.  I'm using Internet explorer 8.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: cdavis7254

Not a solution, but once up HELP does sit in the background and does not interfere, so why not ignore it.

MIght be that whole Win7 64bit unsupported issue for LT2009.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost