Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf printing page setup

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jbates
8445 Views, 8 Replies

pdf printing page setup

Hi,

I'm trying to find a setting which allows me to produce pdf copies of AC LT 2014 layouts that do not require rotation to view them in Adobe.

I've searched all through the pdf settings and still I have to rotate the pdf counterclockwise to view it in its correct orientation.

There's a setting which works for MS Office documents in the pdf options section but when this is applied in ACAD it doesn't work and I still have to rotate the view.

Any clues?

Cheers,

Jon

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Holly_Jones
in reply to: jbates

If you are using the Adobe PDF driver that comes with AutoCAD try paper size "Ledger".

Message 3 of 9
jbates
in reply to: Holly_Jones

Hi, yes that works, thank you.
However, the drawing doesn't fit the paper page fully.
Is there a way to increase the size of the printed drawing on the page?
Many thanks for your help.
Jon
Message 4 of 9
pendean

Is there a reason you want to avoid using the built in PDF driver that does what you want by presenting you with portrait and landscape options for all the standard sheet sizes?

Otherwise you may want to also ask for help from that other PDF driver's support website or user base while you wait around here.
Message 5 of 9
jbates
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

I've tried selecting the Landscape option in the print preview window when printing to a PDF.
This displays the print in the orientation I require, however, when the pdf is printed to file and opens in the new window to display, it is always in portrait format and requires rotation to be able to view it in landscape orientation.
I want the pdf, when viewed from initial opening, to display as it is shown in the print preview, but as a full page layout without the edges cropped. I can only get the pdf to display like this if I select the "ledger" paper size which doesn't fill the page.
If I select A3 or any other paper size the pdf is always displayed as portrait and requires rotation to view fully.

I realise this may seem a trivial item but I find it better to present a document to a client in a fashion which they don't have to manipulate it in order to view it fully.

Thanks
Jon Bates | Project Engineer | Direct +61 8 7120 9403 | Office +61 8 7120 9400 | Mobile 0439 800 837 | Fax +61 8 8272 7601|jbates@manufacturingfocus.com.au |

Manufacturing Focus Pty Ltd | PO Box 143, Daw Park SA 5041 | 392 Goodwood Road, Cumberland Park SA 5041 | www.manufacturingfocus.com.au|
[cid:image001.jpg@01CEFCBF.F2F30910]

DTC Defence Industry Outstanding SME Award 2013 Finalist
Telstra Business Awards 2012 SA Finalist

Please consider the environment before printing this email.
The information in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Use or disclosure of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please advise by return email or telephoning 08 7120 9400.
Message 6 of 9
hwalker

Have you tried using PUBLISH.

That has 4 settings you can use

Plotter named in page setup

Dwf

Dwfx

PDF

And the PDF is always the correct orientation.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 9
pendean

I'm not sure you are doing what I asked: use the DWG TO PDF.PC3 file plotter and not anything else.
Post a DWG with this problem as it does not exist here (or you have more going on than you've described so far).
Message 8 of 9
jbates
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

Problem sorted now, if I use export and select pdf from this list it always displays in the orientation I need, many thanks for your help.

Hope you have a great Christmas.
Cheers,
Jon Bates | Project Engineer | Direct +61 8 7120 9403 | Office +61 8 7120 9400 | Mobile 0439 800 837 | Fax +61 8 8272 7601|jbates@manufacturingfocus.com.au |

Manufacturing Focus Pty Ltd | PO Box 143, Daw Park SA 5041 | 392 Goodwood Road, Cumberland Park SA 5041 | www.manufacturingfocus.com.au|
[cid:image001.jpg@01CEFD5A.8DDBA870]

DTC Defence Industry Outstanding SME Award 2013 Finalist
Telstra Business Awards 2012 SA Finalist

Please consider the environment before printing this email.
The information in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Use or disclosure of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please advise by return email or telephoning 08 7120 9400.
Message 9 of 9

I trying to plot a pdf onto a 24"x12" format and the plot is not centering in the printable area.  

How to?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost