Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

part perimeter measuring

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sps_cad_guy
6395 Views, 5 Replies

part perimeter measuring

Is there any way to quickly measure the perimeter of a part, and also measure the length of any circles?

Our estimator is taking the drawings supplied from the customers and needs to quickly know what the cut length is around the part, and then also know the cut length of all holes or internal openings.

Thank  you very much for your help.

Lenovo Think Pad
Windows 7 SP 1
64 Bit.
Inventor 2014 SP2
ACAD Mechanical 2014
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sps_cad_guy
in reply to: sps_cad_guy

I forgot to add, we are using acad lt 2006

Thank you.

Lenovo Think Pad
Windows 7 SP 1
64 Bit.
Inventor 2014 SP2
ACAD Mechanical 2014
Message 3 of 6
Norrisc761

This information can be obtained throught the Properties Palette. Simply select the circle, and it will show the circumference.

Message 4 of 6
steven-g

I can only guess that you are maybe using sheet material, if you don't use polylines then look at the help file at the 'BOUNDARY' command. Then select all the polylines and use list to get a report of the parts, that includes the perimeter of each item. If it's more complicated than that then post an example drawing for someone to look at.

Message 5 of 6
sps_cad_guy
in reply to: steven-g

Yes, it's sheet metal.

What I wound up telling them to do, is use the PEDIT command, then using the LIST.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Lenovo Think Pad
Windows 7 SP 1
64 Bit.
Inventor 2014 SP2
ACAD Mechanical 2014
Message 6 of 6
steven-g

Boundary is quicker and if you have a special layer just for these items it makes it easier to select them for listing. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost