AutoCAD LT General

capitolalarm
Message 1 of 3 (103 Views)

modifying existing drawing files

103 Views, 2 Replies
02-05-2013 09:38 AM

How do you create a block within a layer and set scale to same as other saved symbol blocks

*Expert Elite*
drjohn
Message 2 of 3 (95 Views)

Re: modifying existing drawing files

02-05-2013 10:36 AM in reply to: capitolalarm

Always draw one to one if it is a drawing entity (gear, steel shape ... etc).  If it is just a symbol (revision flag, whatever) make it the size you want it to be printed.  If you dim in MS you may want to make it annotative.

For our application, I personally only draw parts and assemblies in MS (@ 1:1) and dim in PS, therefore my symbols are all created the size I want at print time.

Regards,

DJ

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 3 (87 Views)

Re: modifying existing drawing files

02-05-2013 11:03 AM in reply to: capitolalarm

OOTB Blocks are all ready drawn at 1:1

Therefore your new blocks should be drawn 1:1 or at the same size as the OOTB Blocks as DJ stated.

(of course it is hard to draw a 65' tractor trailer on a 20" monitor at 1:1. A lot of panning around. :smileywink:)

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community